RNS-E & TMC - Free DVD Upgrade

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess is it wouldn't all fit on a single dual-layer DVD.

Notice they've added Greece, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary, ...

At least DVD 1 will be what we need for all of UK and Western Europe, and DVD 2 covers Scandinavia and Eastern Europe - with Germany, Denmark, Austria and Switzerland on both.

I suspect for most people 1 DVD will "live" in the RNS-E and the other in the glovebox (the shelf beside the CD changer is just the right size for a DVD case!).

I just had an email from Tom saying that he had added me to his spread sheet too.

FYI, I questioned why sometimes the TMC lights up, I first noticed it when I was down in Poole / Weymouth for the July Meet. If you are driving along the south / south east coast it is possible to pick up TMC signals from the networks across the channel in France. My TMC light stayed on for nearly an hour while I was driving around the Weymouth area.

So would I be right in thinking that the TMC works on RNS-E if you drive outside the UK & around Europe ?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So would I be right in thinking that the TMC works on RNS-E if you drive outside the UK & around Europe ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, TMC does work in some countries. I sure someone will have a current list for the 2006 firmware.

[/ QUOTE ]

The list on the back of the 2006_1 DVD case says TMC works in: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden & Switzerland.

Allroadman has just posted this in the A4/S4 forum.

[ QUOTE ]

Hop this is of some help for people waiting for TMC:

Latest From Audi :-

Vehicles built from week 50 2006 and equipped with DVD Satellite Navigation will have the latest

2007 TMC enabled disc installed at the factory. The following programme will allow you to fit this

disc for existing A3 and A4 customers at subsidised cost.

Costs :

There is no standard labour time for the cost of this operation. Any labour costs incurred in the

fitment of the disc cannot be recovered and will need to be paid for by the Centre.

The disc is purchased through parts in the normal way. The relevant part no. is 8PO 060 884 M.

The Centre cost of the disc should be reclaimed through the warranty system.

The programme will run from 22 January 2007 to 30 June 2007 by which time fitments to cars

should have been carried out.

Retail price :

The 2007 disc with the latest digitalised road maps and TMC, and a vehicle lifetime subscription to

TrafficMaster TMC will be Free of Charge for all A3, A3 Sportback, S3, A4, RS 4 and S4 customers.

This applies to all discs fitted prior to 30 June 2007.

The recommended retail price of the DVD Satellite Navigation discs after the programme ends on

30 June 2007 will return to the current price of £210.00 including VAT.

Audi UK will be communicating directly with all A3 and A4 customers who have DVD Satellite

Navigation fitted to make them aware of this offer in the same way that we contacted A6 and A8

eligible customers at the end of October.

PS. Dealers can't do anything till Jan (inc ordering the disk).

[/ QUOTE ]

So it looks like if your car is under warranty you'll get the new disk for free.

[ QUOTE ]

884M discs now available to order. The RRP is £210.00 but Audi will be offering them to Customers at a 'Subsidised Cost' until the 30th June 2007 but they make no mention of what the cost will be. I'm guessing it'll be £100.00 inc VAT

[/ QUOTE ]

The above quoted text explicitly states that it will be free.

[ QUOTE ]

884M discs now available to order. The RRP is £210.00 but Audi will be offering them to Customers at a 'Subsidised Cost' until the 30th June 2007 but they make no mention of what the cost will be. I'm guessing it'll be £100.00 inc VAT

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I order it at the subsidised price (when the price is fixed) through you Nelson? Don't fancy my chances persuading local dealership to do it for zilch or discounted on a CraigyB special. NONO3.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, you are correct! sekret.gif

The above quoted text explicitly states that it will be free.

[/ QUOTE ]

• bison unpinned this topic