Will Audi do a bigger petrol V8?

Merlot

I know that the market has really moved to the 3.0Tdi but Merc and BMW have updated their petrol V8's of late which puts the new 4.2 FSI engine with 350PS a bit on the low side compared with the 750 and S500 engines.

Does that mean that Audi will do a bigger capacity V8 to fit in under the S8 with, say, 390/400PS?

All true but Audi's A8 petrol engine range does not correspond directly with their two main German competitors which seems strange.

I agree that it would be difficult to price since spec for spec the 4.2FSI and the S8 are only about £7k apart. Perhaps all I am saying is that the S8 is good value (and I never thought that I would say that!).

Guest crackdown

[ QUOTE ]

All true but Audi's A8 petrol engine range does not correspond directly with their two main German competitors which seems strange.

I agree that it would be difficult to price since spec for spec the 4.2FSI and the S8 are only about £7k apart. Perhaps all I am saying is that the S8 is good value (and I never thought that I would say that!).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you spec a 4.2 diesel up to S8 specifications the 4.2 actually costs more!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you spec a 4.2 diesel up to S8 specifications the 4.2 actually costs more!

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No chance. SLEEP5.GIF