Multi function remote?

Ari

OK, so now I've gorn all digital I've now got four remote controls littering the place!

Any thoughts on these remotes you can program to control everything? Seems to me they're either those cheap awful looking 4into1 things, or they're mega flash lcd screened rechargable jobs that cost an absolute fortune!

There must be a decent one aout there somewhere for sensible money...?

[ QUOTE ]

OK, so now I've gorn all digital I've now got four remote controls littering the place!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ari

Only 4 ?? Flush.gif

Currently in the lounge I have:

Plasma TV remote

Separate remote for tuner

DVD player remote

Video remote

Cable TV remote

Hi-fi remote

Subwoofer remote

I recently bought an iPAQ beerchug.gif, and have programmed the remote function on this to operate all the different pieces of equipment. Took bl**dy ages !! znaika.gif

Hope you find a remote that does what you need.

Cheers

Sidicks

[ QUOTE ]

Have a look at Remote Central . They have all kinds of reviews on remote controls from cheap to expensive. Good place to start anyway.

Mick

[/ QUOTE ]

Thatsa great site! smile.gif pity it's American so all the prices relate to over there, but at least I can get some ideas and start looking over here. The Philips Pronto seems to be a popular one, but they seem to be £200 ish plus the docking recharger thingy.

Great looking gadget though, would really finish the system off!

Amazing, only a few days ago the TV was just something to watch on the odd occasion there might be something worth watching. Now suddenly I've got flat screen/wide screen, surround sound, digital receiver, and wanting a top notch remote for it all!

Is'nt it great being a bloke...!!??? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Ari, the Pronto Pro has displays that can be configured to exactly how u want them. Its all dont on ur pc and then uploaded to ur Pronto. Whereas the Neo doesnt have this facility and iirc it has a limited number of devices it can control.

The Pronto Pro is an excellent remote if ur going to use its functions properly but a bit OTT if ur not.

It CANNOT control cable boxes and i think some Sat boxes due to the IR signal so bear that in mind if u do get one. I learnt the hard way.

Oh and the Cameleon is a good remote and can control cable boxes but ive heard that it can be a bit noisy to use when ur watching a movie. Its due for a replacement very soon with a new version hence the lower prices of th old one.

beerchug.gif