Hants_Cruiser_UK

Hood Colour  

1. 1. Hood Colour

• Black
    • Blue
    • Red
    • Beige
    • Other (Please State)

Has anyone come to a conclusion on what is the most popular colour on the Cab?

I see so few of them on the road that I haven’t been able to keep a mental note of which colour I see most of. confused.gif

I saw one this morning though and it was a kind of metallic brown – sounds awful, but actually looked quite nice.

If you were to ask the same question of a BMW 3 series convertible then it would be easy – that mid/dark metallic blue. That is sooooooo common. the_finger.gif

So come on guys tell me what you got. grin.gif

Sorry I don't know the correct names of some and sorry if I have left off any obvious colours frown.gif

Silver and Amulet red seem about the most popular to me, with Carribean blue and black next. Only seen one other Moro Blue since I had mine, but like you say, you don't really see enough to spot a trend.

You're right about the dark blue metallic for the 3 Series Convertible, and I'd say the same for the CLK convertible too, loads of those in dark blue.

Surely the most common BMW colour is silver?

I wonder if the metallic brown you saw is the Alpaca Beige? Though there is a almond beige colour as a special order now.

I think you should add to the poll hood colour. This makes a big difference. Saw a Amulet red with red hood the other day and it had nothing liek the class (imho) of the red/black combo. Same (again imho) with blue, works so much better with blue hood than black. Anyone with a beige hood has both no taste and a fetish for cleaning (again imho :-)

Many more colours available now and I am wondering what I would go for if/when ordering my next one. Tempted by lilac or venetian violet or berry but if it is an S4 I bet you won't get the choice, in which case Dolphin Grey.

[ QUOTE ]

Surely the most common BMW colour is silver?

[/ QUOTE ]

It definitely is on the saloons/coupes, but most of the convertibles I see seem to be that dark blue colour...

Interestingly, I saw an Amulet red with red hood and thought it looked superb. Did wonder if it would fade in time though.

Totally agree that blue hood with blue paint is class, black hood with blue looks unfinished to me, although black hood with red looks fine. Odd.

[ QUOTE ]

Interestingly, I saw an Amulet red with red hood and thought it looked superb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's what makes life so interesting, different tastes etc.

HCUK I would be interested in your opinion of the red hood as an Amulet Red owner. Plus. i was just going to get on to seats! wink.gif Another area where there is now far more choice. Has anyone ever chosen their interior before their exterior colour? I useually have an idea of what interior I want which certainly narrows down my choice of exterior colours.

[ QUOTE ]

HCUK I would be interested in your opinion of the red hood as an Amulet Red owner

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately a no no as far as i'm concerned.

I took the Sports Seats as an option and I decided that all black interior was the colour to go for as it goes so well together.

I chose the grey headlining to lighten things up a bit too and think it works really well, although I have noticed a slight dirty mark in the same position on just above the driver/passengers head where the roof folds. Think I will have to get some cleaner on it.

Another reason for going for the all black interior is that I do not light the light color round the instruments that you get with the lighter colour interiors - no offence to anyone who has that choice frown.gif

One other oddity is that I have the standard piano black trim, but unlike when you have the optional wood, it does not get put around the gear selector/lever. Wonder if this can be bought seperately ?

'Awful' seems a bit strong - it's hardly an outlandish colour. Mine is silver/blue and I like it - it suits the Audi's subtle and non-shouty style, whereas bright red or blue seems a bit, well, BMW or Porsche. No offence to anyone else, I guess I'm just getting defensive now smashfreakB.gif

Think the darker colours, Moro Blue, black etc very classy and shine up well. I like the hoods to be in the same family colour i.e. blue with blue, black with black, siver with black etc. Also darker interior better. Grey too light and blue too coloured. But there you go just a lady......!

So it seems that Silver is in the lead with Caribbean Blue a close second and Amulet Red taking the 3rd slot smile.gif

Just two choices on the hood, Blue way out in front then Black.

Seems that Ari does has an exclusive colur grin.gif, except for the person who has white and the other person who has 'other' grin.gif

Thanks for the input guys smile.gif

Hey Keegs

You may have given the Audi Guys some future styling ideas.

I quite like the stretched look. To be honest I like nearly all the colour combinations I have seen on the forum.

I chose Silver Blue roof with Blue interior contrasted by a black headlining and Vavona and this seems to be the dealers re sell choice but I would be happy with most of the colours.

I will certainly look at Silver Combined with Red in some way for the S4 Quattro Cab i'll be after next year.

Gez.....