R32 - The End

Colin M

Just had confirmation today that the last production of the R32 will be week 39 (end Sept) and that there are no more order slots. Sport Import has a couple of disappointed customers.

Technical note, I am typing this sitting in my last R32 waiting for the ferry to the UK from Germany using my GPRS connection! The car is sold, more news on the customer for this car when I am back in the UK.

[ QUOTE ]

Just had confirmation today that the last production of the R32 will be week 39 (end Sept) and that there are no more order slots. Sport Import has a couple of disappointed customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that it forever ? As in no more MK4 R32's ? Mines supposed to be through the factory last week so I'm happy beerchug.gif but I was told when I ordered in June that if I didn't go for that slot, it would be around easter 2004 before I could get a car. There seems to be so many conflicting stories, I'm confused smashfreakB.gif I though you said you could get 20 cars in the other post ?

Is this the end of MK4 production generally ?

I don't understand the way this works, is it just me or is anyone else confused ?

sTTu

I *could* have ordered 20 of them a couple of weeks ago. The R32 was the last MK4 Golf the factory were building. They have now closed the order book and will cease all production by the end of the month.

There will be no more R32's ordered, simply end of production to meet confirmed orders. It's the end of the range, nothing confusing about that, exactly the same way Audi handled the demise of the S3.

the sooner they stop production there, the sooner we get our production run started here in the US!!!!

That doesn't make sense. VW are not building any more MK4 Golf's, unless they get that Beetle factory in Mexico fired up, there won't be any R32's coming to the US until the MK5 is available.