MJ acoustics Pro 50/100 Subs

Bison1379134007

Bonjourno,

So i was thinking about getting a sub for my home cinema experince... even though i have 4 x M74 speakers on the job now i think i could use a bit more bass.

So has anyone got an MJ Acoust sub?? anyone heard bad things? i keep reading great things about them... just not sure whether to go for a 50 or a 100 though.

Any advice apreciated!

ta

N

Seems to be getting touted by the what hi-fi brigade...i heard one in a SevenOaks store and it sounded nice an warm...not sure what model it was might have been the 100. The difference between the two being the 50 having 50watts and 100 having 100watts. ROLLEY~14.GIF and as a result the 100 is bigger also. also the price is double 299 (5o) and 600-700 for the 100....it 'll probably depend how big your room is also. Best to get a demo...m8 bought a REL q150 and i didn't like it much. confused.gif

If you buy from Sevenoaks they will let you sale or return. They won't actually refund your money but they will let you change subs until you are happy, so why not start off with the cheapest one in your range?

Bear in mind there is 100% mark up on hi-fi and Sevenoaks don't discount. I managed to get a Tannoy Saturn 15" sub at trade for £250 instead of £500 retail. Very impressed, even if I'd paid retail.

• 2 weeks later...

Buffalo Boy!

I have a MJ Acoustic Pro 50 Sub and I would wholeheartedly advise that you purchase one. I looked into the REL offerings and at the Pro 100, but the Pro 50 has tighter bass and @ 12Hz the frequency range has pushed so low that your innards start to move (excellent!!). This is partnered to my Arcam amp on a High gain connector for music and to my Yamaha DSP for Low Frequency effects (big dinosaurs, space ships etc). It is excellent VFM and will suit your room size.

znaika.gif