Looking For A Used Oil Burner

w88chy

Hi,

My first post - so be gentle beerchug.gif

Lookong to sped up to £8k on a large used derv car, preferably with leather and must be under 4 years old.

I like the following for the looks, spec and used values.

MG ZT CDTi 135 (it's a Rover really isnt it, is that bad)

Peugeot 607 2.2 HDi SE (lots of toys, but lots to go wrong maybe)

Volvo S60 D5 SE (but read they have limited rear legroom)

Saab 9-5 3.0 Tid (bit bland inside, but very powerfull)

I know some of these may not be everyones cup of char, but they are a bit different from the norm (i.e Mondeo TDCI, Vectra DTi/CDTi etc)

I do approx 35k a year, and keep the cars a max of 2 years.

Any thoughts on the above?

Cheers

Charlie

Saabs are nice outside and go like stick, but the suspension/handling isnt to everyone's taster, and the inside can be cheap.

Thumbs up for the volvo, fear the depreciation on the 607.

i recently got a a6 130 se 1.9tdi with 120k for a bit over £7k, clean inside and out, with leather, 2003. OK the mileage is up there, but it'll easily do another two years and 70k. It took a bit of looking to find a nice colour combo, but they are out there.

Vectra, only one with leather is the Elite which looks like an LS outside (suppose SRi kit could be fitted though)

Also quite partial to the Skoda Superb 1.9 Elegance - just a A6 if I'm not mistaken.

Been with Ford (Mondeo Ghia X with Zetec S kit fitted), but want to try something different (due to the Mondeo going up in flames)

Volvo S80 is another which is quite a bargain.

Hmmmmmm so may choices!

(edit) The reason I like the 607 is just sheer value for money - I know depreciation is vast, but I'm sure the biggest hit will be taken by the first owner.

Lokk at this one - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...A%3AIT&rd=1

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

good value, but just look at the "wood" ROLLEY~14.GIF dash was that Balsa wood or MDF coffee.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif

Yes, personally I like the dark wood myself (possibly maple??)

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, wood is for tables and cabinets grin.gif

Neil, please dont try to encourage people to buy MG's, they need to be banished from the roads FIREdevil.gif