Fifth Gear

daveknott

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It was nice to see VBH in leathers on the bike though. Yummy! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

She's passed her sell by date Chris, honestly !! I have a good friend here in Edinburgh who's an Optician. I can have a word with him and organise an appointment for you if you like, to tie in with the next time you're up here !! yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm up here all time time. I just wish I could say the same about VBH. yelrotflmao.gif

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

It was nice to see VBH in leathers on the bike though. Yummy! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When it comes to leathers i've always prefered Suzi Perry grin.gif

Yeah new format 5G is like some 10 minute corporate video with forced jokes .... trouble is it goes on for an hour.

Not seen the hamster2 presenter on anything else but cars obviously arn't his thing

It's like when SP is not doing her bike grid walks and tries to present something else ... it just doesnt come across as 'natural'

Stick to what your good at like a certain Mr Rossi !

On Lovejoy he is very good on Soccer AM. I met him last week (on said show) and asked him about 5th gear - he said thus far he has only been given total rubbish to drive!

He works far better in a live environment.

I think the whole format of 5th gear is wrong. Even the Gallardo feature was pony. A bit of fresh thinking and they might even find a format Tim would be good with because he is a good presenter in general.

How correct you all are,what a load of C**p.

They should have people such as Mike Brewer in the the programme who used to show `Deals on Wheels`.I cant believe that with all the new cars on the market these days,the ones normal people can afford .That they haven`t got anything interesting to make an hours good television on.Even buying a secondhand performance car like the E36 M3`S,OR C43 Amg`s,Golf Gti`s you know what I mean.Let people out there become interested in motoring from past to present.

The Lovejoy chap even has his own Column,to get to know him,he is just totally wrong for the programme.Tiff is far better then this,when he and Quentin Willson used to present on Top Gear it was great.

None of this smash a car up with a hammer c**p.....

Its about time is was axed or changed in some structured way.

Moan over.........................For now...........

Last night's show was a new low. Please please please get rid of the "wreck my ride" feature! Its useless! a complete waste of airtime! Here's what else they should do

1. Get rid of the "ace cafe" - naff format

2. Go back to the studio format

3. Come up with some good features e.g., Best performance car for £20k/£30K/40K etc

4. Proper "Group Tests" e.g., Best Hot Hatch, Best Coupe etc

5. If you're going to keep Lovejoy, educate him, get him in a proper car!

6. Shorten the driver safety items, they're way too long

7. Review track day experiences that us punters can do

8. Long-term tests

9. A regular driver skills item e.g., Heel & Toeing, Scandanavian Flicks etc.

10. Run a Caterham academy car for a season

etc etc - there's loads of things that could be done to spice up this flat, childish, waste of space of a motoring programme..........! Rant over.