Brake problem

Durrsaku

I have just managed to change the brake discs, pads and flexi hoses rear and front on my car and did a full brake fluid change as a result.

I managed to bleed the system but i am experiencing a lot of pedal travel. The brakes do work but the pedal travels quite a lot or i have to press it twice and on the second attempt it works much better.

I have bled and bled them to no avail do i have to carry on doing this or am i experiencing another problem?

confused.gif

Rustynuts can you let us know what VW says?

I've always done what Haynes says which in this case is as usual not very clear! They give sequence as:

RH-rear. LH-rear. RH-front. LH-front but what they don't say is whether LH is nearside or offside.

They do at least remind you to bleed the clutch also since it uses the same fluid. There is no mention of bleeding the ABS pump? Can and should this be done?

I now use a pressure bleeding kit attached to the spare tyre valve which is I've found very easy and efficient and my wife prefers it too!

Haynes does mention what he means by left and right during the intro blurb (that noone ever reads). In the manual for my old mercedes it said left and right referred to a person sat inside the car facing forwards (and presumably not upside down).

I discovered this the hard way after standing at the front of the car and searching for a serial number printed on the "left side" of the engine block. It turned out Haynes' left was on my right... still the block is now nice and clean on that side.

Andrew