creeking sound and various...

Chav

Parked on 10th floor of an NCP the other day and the car was making creeking noises going up the steep ramps

- don't remember hearing it on any of the other cabs? car seems fine, just made me a bit paranoid that there's something up with the car.

Also, when it starts up the brake warning light comes on and it beeps about three times. This lasts 5 seconds then it stops. Is this some new self-test thingy or should I get it checked out?

Finally, that double-lock security option makes me want to kick the car to pieces

e.g. when it takes 2 unlocks to open the boot. Feck me, that's annoying - especially when it's absolutely pissing it down, and you're trying to get pressies in the car asap!

Gonna have to get it VAG-COM'd!

A couple of months ago my handbrake warning light started to flash and beep after releasing it. It does so for a few moments, then stops, much like yours. It doesn't do it all the time, but it seems to be increasing in frequency.

The theory behind the two press unlock is sound, but I too am finding it increasingly annoying.

[ QUOTE ]

Finally, that double-lock security option makes me want to kick the car to pieces

e.g. when it takes 2 unlocks to open the boot. Feck me, that's annoying - especially when it's absolutely pissing it down, and you're trying to get pressies in the car asap!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this, most of the time its just me in the car so it doesn't really bother me.

Doesn't pressing and holding the boot button on the key open your boot Chav ???

[ QUOTE ]

Chav, do you mean the brake warning light in the central DIS that lights up when you start it and then bongs at you, then goes off? My A4 cab did this and it was low brake fluid levels IIRC. crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Brake light symbol in DIS appears, it beeps about 3 times and then it shuts up and no more warnings appear for the entire journey! confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this, most of the time its just me in the car so it doesn't really bother me.

Doesn't pressing and holding the boot button on the key open your boot Chav ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. Can you press and hold. Currently I press it about five hundred times until it lets me in. (slight exaggeration - but that's how it feels in the rain!)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Chav, do you mean the brake warning light in the central DIS that lights up when you start it and then bongs at you, then goes off? My A4 cab did this and it was low brake fluid levels IIRC. crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Brake light symbol in DIS appears, it beeps about 3 times and then it shuts up and no more warnings appear for the entire journey! confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds just like my cab did - slightly low levels in brake fluid that get sensed on the start up checks, dealer topped it up for free. 169144-ok.gif