Civic Sport

rob_himself

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new car. Toruble is, no no claims and i've got a conviction still under my belt (just!). I'm taking a test drive in a Civic Sport tomorrow, the 1.6 one that looks like a type r but isnt frown.gif . I think it's a 53 plate. Am i wasting my time? I'm looking for somehting nippy and fun to drive, am i going to be dissapointed?

Thanks for any help!

Disappointed? If you are comparing to a real type-r, then yes you will be.

The 1.6 is pretty run-of-the-mill and suffers from alot of road noise. That said, the honda engines are bullet proof and if you're buying a 53 plate it's not going to depreciate too much over the next couple of years, so should represent value for money.

I'd check with your insurer prior to buying the car as it's probably around a group 6. You can always try confused.com first.

Good luck

cheers guys

Had a drive - for what it was i quite liked it! Seemed nippy enough and also went round corners in a reasonably civilised way. Am just looking to get something that's going to be easy to insure and be a bit of fun...i've got 0 no claims and am reasonably new to this driving lark.

Will investigate a fecus, though know a few folk that have been let down by fords in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. I would say the Fecus has the edge in the handling stakes but if you can stretch to a real Type R go for that. If you are worried about depreciation or high insurance forget the Fecus as Hondas always sell well secondhand and insurance companies recognise Honda as a better bet than Ford.