Cooper S Works

M8CKN

Father in law PX'd his Shogun on Thursday against a 55 plate Cooper S Works.

It is the BMW Listers demo car I believe therefore has the bigest spec I have ever seen with an apparent list price of £29k!!!!!

It has 2 tone leather heated Recaro's that look very similar to an S3's seats.

He paid £19k and it has 8k on the clock.

Off for a drive in it tomorrow...210bhp through the front wheels in the wet EEK2.GIF

He says it isn't a million miles from his Elise with the instant acceleration and brilliant handling.

Will post a review once driven 169144-ok.gif

• 4 months later...

Well the wife owns one and after driving an R32 for the best part of 3 years it was certainly fun when you caned it !!. None of that comforting 4 wheel drive to aid in acceleration. Foot down and after a second or so it really makes the wheel judder in the hand but so much fun to be had on the twisties. Any one buying one will just have so much fun. On saying that i think, having driven both, id rather have the standard Cooper S for a daily driver as its not so manic but maybe thats just me. Also if they could sort out that problem you sometimes get changing into second gear (sometimes it just will not play ball) then it might be a better drive 169144-ok.gif

• 11 months later...

Don't you think that a Cooper S should have 210 as standard! Even that only gives it the same power to weight ratio as a Clio 182. I'd up the 210 to 240 and go from there :) Enjoy the car, it's a nice bit of kit and the seats kinda make it more individual than one without.