News - 3 Door BMW 1 Series Arrives

News_Stig

Just read the full think. They have added loads of things to this and its not just about it being a 3 Door addition as well.

Where is Audi or anyone else doing to get there cars as efficient as these. I like the idea of the engine switching off when your at lights, and the other savings on the aircon etc. every little bit helps and there are loads on this.

Could be a possibility now for my other halfs new car as she just wasn't something thats nice but cheap to run. notworthy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Where is Audi or anyone else doing to get there cars as efficient as these. I like the idea of the engine switching off when your at lights, and the other savings on the aircon etc. every little bit helps and there are loads on this.

Audi dont seemed to be worried because they have us idiots still buying there vehicles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am hearing mixed reports on the new steering though, a few people have said that it does not have the superb feedback of the pre facelift cars.

I think that they lightened it up bit after a few dumb ass reviewers moaned it was too light compared with the golf, Leon, A3 etc. But this is what made the drive so much more involved and fun.

[ QUOTE ]

I am hearing mixed reports on the new steering though, a few people have said that it does not have the superb feedback of the pre facelift cars.

I think that they lightened it up bit after a few dumb ass reviewers moaned it was too light compared with the golf, Leon, A3 etc. But this is what made the drive so much more involved and fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that all steering types or just the active steering thing?? (which is an option)

@sasha - went to a dealer last week (Ryd Cent), said the're getting a demonstrator soon, physical cars early May smirk.gif

All types, can you get active steering on the one series???

I took a 335i out with active steering and thought it felt exactly the same, only a week later when I looked at the spec again and realised it didn't have it after all, I have only tried it on teh 5 series and hated it on that and thought they had got it to the point where you couldn't tell it had it!!