Post a pic of your car

Daz

This morning's trip to Porsche Reading did include a walk through the back areas, to get to the compound where there were a few cars in the shapes/colours I'd said I was interested in.  One room we walked through had £10M of cars in it, apparently; I counted two 918s and two CGTs.  Sadly I was dragged straight through and out into the compound. 

Just bite the built and buy a new one with factory collection, that was an amazing day day out :) Flew in to Stuttgart, factory tour, lunch in bosses restaurant, then collected my car from a warehouse containing just about every Porsche model including all the Le Mans winners, classics etc - don't remember that much more as it all past in a blur. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well seeing as everyone else is posting up pics of their new purchases I thought I might as well join in, just in case anyone is remotely interested in something slightly less desirable than Porsche/BMW I give you my humble Galaxy.

gallery_20359_21_1773.jpg

Titanium X with every single possible option, including-

2.0 163BHP Powershift (Ford dual clutch gearbox)

18" upgraded alloys

Full extended Leather pack

Touch Screen interface (controls pretty much everything) with Sat Nav, DAB, reverse camera, Ipod connectivity, Bluetooth Audio, phone etc

Premium Audio

Ford DVD in car entertainment, twin independent rear screens (can show the same or separate sources with switchable headphones)

Ford Converse+ (TFT dash cluster)

Active Xenon headlights with cornering lights, high beam assist, coming home function, exterior welcome lights

Lane keep assist

Blind spot monitors

Auto dimming folding mirrors with reverse dip

Electronic parking brake with hill hold and auto drive away

Ford Eco monitor

Ambient lighting pack

Rear seat tray tables

Rear luggage compartment pack (retractable tonneau cover, netting, various other bits that slot in the boot to stop things moving about.

Roof Bars with various adapters I've not looked at yet.

3 zone A/C with independent 3rd row heating & cooling (pretty sure that makes it 4 zone?)

Climate seats Heated/cooled (with an actual switch to control as well as via the centre screen!)

Voice control

Active Cruise control

Panoramic roof

Electric 3rd row windows (open out rather up or down)

Climate controlled glovebox/central storage

Ford Mobility Kit

Edited by Tipex
  • Like 4

Oh, it has Keyless Go as well, I'm struggling to get used to this, still go for the invisible key every time I get out, and I left the key in the old car over night the other week. :rolleyes:

Still, not gone for the invisible clutch pedal yet despite swapping back and forth between manual/auto cars.

Nice example, T +++

Oh, it has Keyless Go as well, I'm struggling to get used to this, still go for the invisible key every time I get out, and I left the key in the old car over night the other week. :rolleyes:

Irrittates me, too.  I've said before that there should be a handy slot or something where you could keep the key.  Ideally a slot that only your key could fit into :coffee:

• Like 3

I see the Galaxy has the A-Team spoiler at the back! I like that look.

That is fully loaded eh!

Ha, that's the roof rack bars, I need to take them off but the previous owner lost the key for them, I have bought a replacement lock set that comes with a master key which apparently also removes the lock barrels so I can replace them, just haven't got around to doing it yet.

Ha, that's the roof rack bars, I need to take them off but the previous owner lost the key for them, I have bought a replacement lock set that comes with a master key which apparently also removes the lock barrels so I can replace them, just haven't got around to doing it yet.

Other universal keys are available:

478214572_713.jpg

• Like 2

Motor looks good. 

I have a terrible time when we go on holiday. Every single time I get out of the car I forget to take the key out. I leave the keys in my pocket all the time. Especially as my wife now has comfort opening on her car I never touch the key. 

I only realise when I try and lock it!

Other universal keys are available:

478214572_713.jpg

Indeed but at only £23 the lock set with master key is both cheaper than an angle grinder and less destructive.

I'd quite like the option of being able to use the bars in the future even if it is highly unlikely I'll ever need to!

• Like 1

Indeed but at only £23 the lock set with master key is both cheaper than an angle grinder and less destructive.

I'd quite like the option of being able to use the bars in the future even if it is highly unlikely I'll ever need to!

Slightly worrying that a master key is so easy to get hold of!

You can preserve the bars easily, just cut through the roof underneath them instead :secret:

• Like 2

Slightly worrying that a master key is so easy to get hold of!

To be honest I can't imagine the locks on a set of roof bars being particularly secure, but it is a bit daft, you'd think only Ford would have them.

Having looked at the lock set, it has two keys in it, both identical, apparently you use those keys to pull out the old locks, and then they become the keys you use to take the bars* off in future, which seems a bit strange.

*and presumably everyone else's too.

And a warranty & reliability.

It does have a warranty, Ford are actually replacing the whole sat nav touchscreen system as I noticed the voice control wasn't working on the way home, hate to think what that costs from a dealer, several thousand I would imagine.

As for reliability, see the silver one behind it? 250k miles of mainly town driving, original engine, turbo, gearbox etc, drives just like it did when I picked it up, in that time the only things that have failed are a coolant hose, an engine mount bolt and a front suspension top mount, all caused by hitting a pot hole, so can't really blame Ford for that, the power steering is getting a bit loud but a new pump is less than £100 fitted, can't say I'm worried.

You might make the finish line, several days after everyone else!

I've been thinking about what to do with my old one (when I stop using it), a Galaxy race series would be hilarious, I've had thoughts about keeping it and turning it into the most unlikely track day car ever.

Granted it wouldn't be very fast with only 125bhp, but stripping out the interior would halve the weight, I'm pretty sure all the Mondeo or S-Max performance bits would bolt on, suspension and brakes etc.

Then I have thoughts about the engine swap Ben did in his little Volvo, putting the Focus RS engine it, they made the S-max with the same basic 5 pot turbo lump so I know it'll drop in the galaxy, obviously would need swapping from Diesel to Petrol, but a stripped out, 350bhp Galaxy would be utterly hilarious.

Sadly while the car owes me nothing, and is not worth enough for me to be worried about selling it, I suspect the conversion would be prohibitively expensive.

• Like 1

• bison unpinned this topic