5 Series discounts

Gangle

I am seriously considering changing cars again, I know I want a 5 series but not sure on saloon or touring yet and not sure on whether to go for 530D or 535D. Going for a test drive in a 535D soon so I suppose thats what I will end up ordering as they are supposed to be awesome. Anyway I just wanted to know on the level of discount I can negotiate with dealer, would 12% be out of the question?

It certainly used to be possible - I got around 14% off the 535d, delivered in November '05, and a similar amount off the 120d delivered in June last year.

However a quick look at Drive the Deal is indicating only around 7% off at the moment, I guess driven by the recent launch of the facelifted 5. I'd have thought those discount levels would rise as the year progresses though...

Andy btw, the 535d is a cracking car - I'm sure you'll enjoy it 169144-ok.gif

Peter

I was hoping for at least 10% off and maybe more considering the facelift model is available from March. I will walk away from deal if I dont acheive 10%. I fancy the saloon model 535D Sport in Black with Grey Dakota leather, Maple Wood, Media and Visibility packages. heart.gif

Just looked on Broadspeed, they are showing just over 10% discount on the 5 series (excluding M5), will use these figures when negotiating, when I bought my A4 the Audi dealer matched the deal. In fact I later found out that Broadspeed used my local dealer as one of its dealers anyway! Does anyone know a good dealer/salesman willing to offer a cracking deal? pref in East Anglia but not vital.

The only thing I would be careful of is the grey leather on the sport, it is not well liked by many. There is however a silver leather, well amethyst actually, that gives you black dash and carpets but the seats and door cards are in the lighter colour, this looks superb.

I would aim for 15% on an outgoing model, if you can find one from stock, or 12% on a new one, these things loose alot of money in the first 12 months so be careful.

I added a couple of bits to mine like M5 wheel with paddles, DMS remap, tinted glass and proper tyres, specced up on the configuator today it would be £50k, I sold it at 15 months old for £32k I think it was, so that is an £18k hit, so make sure you get a good discount or think about buying one of the fully specced demos for £35-38k at 6-12 months old.

Definitely get the Heads Up Display, simply thye best feature on any car I have had. 169144-ok.gif

HUD2.jpg

How many miles did your M sport have on it gIzzE? I sold my '55 plate 535d SE Touring for £34k with around 18k miles on it @ 14 months old. It cost me around £39k new (list £44.5k IIRC) so actual depreciation (on transaction price) was very reasonable...

Oh, and I agree - amethyst looks stunning 169144-ok.gif Wish I'd had it on one of mine, but the M Sport Touring was Carbon Black (v nice) with black leather (dull), and the SE Silver Grey (nice) with beige leather (went together surprisingly well, but a little OTT)...

Peter

I think I would rather have 12% off a face lifted model than 15% off a current model, I have got to get the best deal possible to offset depreciation because I tend to get bored easily and change cars every year (or less). I do like the look of the HUD but dont want to get too carried away with options, this will be the most expensive car I have ever bought, have never spent over 25k and this looks to be about 40k shocked.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

what are the current range of discounts available on the 5 series? my dads looking to buy a new car, or slightly used car (under 10k miles).

We are looking at a 520d M Sport spec. What sort of prices should i be paying for a 2nd hand one under 6 months old?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the spec/asking price??

Imran

When I emailed my local dealer for a price on a new 535 they quoted with an 8% discount. When I went to see them and finalized spec they offered an 11% discount (no trade in). As I was adding quite a lot of spec I decided to take the advice of fellow forum members and ordered through Coast to Coast with a 14% discount.

Hope that helps.

[ QUOTE ]

Imran

When I emailed my local dealer for a price on a new 535 they quoted with an 8% discount. When I went to see them and finalized spec they offered an 11% discount (no trade in). As I was adding quite a lot of spec I decided to take the advice of fellow forum members and ordered through Coast to Coast with a 14% discount.

Hope that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done mate at least someone listened 169144-ok.gif

Enjoy it when it arrives. ECLIPSe.gif

I read your previous posts and as you suggested was prepared to go with the local dealer if he could get within £500 of C 2 C.

He was about £1800 out and even agreed that the extra 3% was too much to turn down. So taking your advice has certainly saved me a few quid!!

I only put the order in on Thursday and am being quoted late May for delivery - can't wait.

[ QUOTE ]

I read your previous posts and as you suggested was prepared to go with the local dealer if he could get within £500 of C 2 C.

He was about £1800 out and even agreed that the extra 3% was too much to turn down. So taking your advice has certainly saved me a few quid!!

I only put the order in on Thursday and am being quoted late May for delivery - can't wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to help 169144-ok.gif

Maybe others will listen, what scottish dealer did you try?

Hi Irnbrukid

My local dealer is Menzies of Stirling.

I told them right at the start that C 2 C were offering a 14% discount and that if they could get within £500 they would have my order. Despite probably knowing even then that wasn't possible they still treated me like royalty booking test drives and going through the spec and colours over and over again - can't say a bad word against them.

Initially dithering between Carbon Black, Platinum Grey and Deep Sea Blue I finally settled with Space Grey after seeing the new 3 series coupe in that colour in the showroom - stunning!!

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Irnbrukid

My local dealer is Menzies of Stirling.

I told them right at the start that C 2 C were offering a 14% discount and that if they could get within £500 they would have my order. Despite probably knowing even then that wasn't possible they still treated me like royalty booking test drives and going through the spec and colours over and over again - can't say a bad word against them.

Initially dithering between Carbon Black, Platinum Grey and Deep Sea Blue I finally settled with Space Grey after seeing the new 3 series coupe in that colour in the showroom - stunning!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi yes space grey is very nice, who was it you spoke to at stirling they offered me just over 13.5% that was back in feb for an LCI (stewart kenny) something like that. 169144-ok.gif