WANTED: Sat Nav / Traffic / Scameras

Soapsuds

My mate took my beloved (not really!) Snooper EVO to Europe a couple of weeks back on a trip to Italia. Got pulled and had it confiscated, along with a £500 fine!! shocked.gif

Anyway, he has given me a wedge of cash and i thought i might just get a SatNav (could do with one anyway), with cameras installed. But also one i can subscribe to traffic-re-routes via GPRS / Mobile phone.

Anyone got one?? grin.gif

Or shall i feck it and go buy a Wii with the money!! yelrotflmao.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

cool - is the TomTom One the small, thin one?? I dont want huge great big suction cups / industrial mounts hanging off my windscreen!! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

New Tomtom One is really small now and has all the features of the bigger models. It doesn't have the TMC traffic module though but from what I've read it doesn't really work anyway.

I've got the One, cracking piece of kit. 169144-ok.gif

I would get a RoadPilot MicroGo for cameras and a nav unit for Nav, the only all in one units worth looking at are teh Snooper ones, Indago and Syrius, at least they know which direction your are travelling and whether you are going over the speed or not so don't bleep every 10 minutes!!

There was a guy on ebay doing them for a very good prie for the European versions.

[ QUOTE ]

I would get a RoadPilot MicroGo for cameras and a nav unit for Nav, the only all in one units worth looking at are teh Snooper ones, Indago and Syrius, at least they know which direction your are travelling and whether you are going over the speed or not so don't bleep every 10 minutes!!

There was a guy on ebay doing them for a very good prie for the European versions.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting - i didnt realise the combine stanav / camera ones werent directional. That would annoy the living dung.gif out of me!!

Might take a look on eBay - or just feck it and buy a Wii with the money..... looking more likely. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The Nuvi might not work properly if its going into the Megane as a lot of the Meganes have the UV coated windscreen. You might need an external antenna for it if the satellite reception is poor.

(Nuvi has 5 little bars to show sat reception)

Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

works a treat 169144-ok.gif Fortunately, i have an F1 megane with absolutely nothing on it. I think a heat treated windescreen was too heavy!! grin.gif

Plus, i use it in my BMW mostly, for work. Thanks anyway! 169144-ok.gif