R32 owner thinking of swapping

dubzter

Hello all, been toying with the idea for a while now. I've got a 2003 Mkiv R32 and want a change and I love the look of the T350. I have about 25k including trade in.

What should I be looking at? Age etc.

Are there any serious problems I should be looking out for?

It will be a second car. Is it advisable to keep them covered if they are not indoors?

etc etc.

I would appreciate your advice.

In the absence of any other advice, here's my 2p...

My Girlfriend (with my help) bought a TVR Chimaera. We looked at a few, and the low mileage "weekend" cars were often worse than the daily drivers. We bought a "higher" mileage (45,000) car, and it was used every day, and never missed a beat.

The fronts are prone to stone chips, so try to find one that has had a recent front spray. You'll need to set asside a bit more for service and maintenance than the R32 obvioulsy (and insurance). But generally if properly maintained and used regularly, they should be fine. We never bothered with a cover on the Chim...

Watch out for a complete lack of driver aids; ABS, Traction control etc, esp. in the wet!

For smiles per £, and the noise, i think they are great. Pistonheads always a good source. £25k is plenty and should get you a very good example.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

hi there

you only live once i looked at loads of varioues and different cars THEN i saw a tamora pretty much the same as t350 and f..... me the best 18k i ever spent use it and dont let the thought of not having tc abs air bags put you off just put the window down and listen to that baby go and you will not look back the speed 6 just keeps going on and on.

the worse thing about the tamora is when you have to put back to its bed when u are done with it but you will be totaly in yer element and probably still be grinning for hours after it if you have got a bit of a savi on how a car can be driven then try this.

just remember that you push and pull the pedals etc but she is still in charge when she wants and she will let you know this from time to time .so be ready for that we tester from time to tiime :eek:

enjoy my friend your a real man now lol