Gangle

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Probably not worth mentioning discounts really, always somebody who can do better. Starting to irritate me now going over the same old thing. Finished with this thread now. NONO3.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not mention discounts its good to let other people know what is out there. confused.gif

Why is it irritating you because you paid 2k to much. smirk.gif

As you say lets move on anyway and look forward to the new motor. beerchug.gif

What about the old concept of "service" too???

The "cheapest" is not always the "best" of course.

The other big thing about internet brokerages (like Coast to Coast) is do they 100% deliver on their promises and/or advertised deals? I talk to customers buying new (and used) cars all day long, 6 days a week (well have to find time to improve the golf game!!) and know of very few people who have actually bought a car via a web brokerage and had all the promises delivered on fully.

Usually people have taken those "promised" or advertised deals to their local franchise dealer and asked/tried to get them to match or beat it....which invariably, but not always, they do. And in cases where the franchise dealer hasn't matched or beaten the deal the customer didn't end up buying the car anyway...which says "tyre kicker" to me...

Hence why so few people actually spend money with the web brokerage companies.

Also you have to ask why a UK franchised dealership would be happy to supply a car via Coast to Coast for more discount (at a loss on front end AND back end margin if the deals mentioned here are to be believed) than any customer going into their showroom. Also if you were a franchised dealership why would retain that business if you're competitor was covertly buying business and damaging the brand value and residuals for the car brand you sold..??

Additionally these brokerages cannot provide part exchange and/or finance-unless you want your trousers dropped on the funding that is smirk.gif

Just some thoughts to ponder on....

So you think it is OK to pay over the odds for the privlage of getting a car from your local dealer for the percieved 'service' you shall recieve.

Lots of people have purchased cars through various brokers autoebid drivethedeal broadspeed etc, and have been more than happy with the service and costs, at the end of the day you just not a broker anyway.

As you say alot of people also take the best price to the dealer and tell them this is what can be had to see what sort of deal the dealer came up with.

Personally i would go to the local dealer and if they got to within £500 of the deal then would proceed otherwise i would walk.

How can you peole are tyre kickers if they dont purchase a car not everyone will let dealers stiff them.

[ QUOTE ]

So you think it is OK to pay over the odds for the privlage of getting a car from your local dealer for the percieved 'service' you shall recieve.

Lots of people have purchased cars through various brokers autoebid drivethedeal broadspeed etc, and have been more than happy with the service and costs, at the end of the day you just not a broker anyway.

As you say alot of people also take the best price to the dealer and tell them this is what can be had to see what sort of deal the dealer came up with.

Personally i would go to the local dealer and if they got to within £500 of the deal then would proceed otherwise i would walk.

How can you peole are tyre kickers if they dont purchase a car not everyone will let dealers stiff them.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, going to have try that again or edit the reply!!! confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Lots of people have purchased cars through various brokers autoebid drivethedeal broadspeed etc, and have been more than happy with the service and costs.

At the end of the day you just not a broker anyway.....

As you say a lot of people also take the best price to the dealer and tell them this is what deals can be had to see what sort of deal the dealer came up with.

How can you say some people are tyre kickers if they dont purchase a car not everyone will let dealers stiff them.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, going to have try that again or edit the reply!!! confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that better for you mad.gif

People should hear all sides of the argument not just yours. sportifs2.gif

Thanks, I have never found buying a car to be too stressfull, I must have had over 20 cars now, and at least one brand new car every year since 1995 ( I must have lost between 50-75k on depreciation on those alone ) I always thought I was quite good at striking a deal until this thread, I used a broadspeed quote when I bought my A4 S-line and the local dealer matched within £300. Anyway I still feel I have done well and cant wait for it to arrive now. Anybody interested in a August 06 Hyundai Santa fe 2.2 crtd cdx+ 7 seat Auto fully loaded in Pearl black / grey leather and 4000 miles!

It is the new shape Santa fe, to be honest it is the best car I have ever owned, the trouble is I saw a 5 series M Sport with the 19" on and I am afraid it was a done deal after that, I had to have one. The list price for a new santa fe in my spec with privacy glass and parking sensors is about 28k now and they are in fairly short supply, I waited 5 months for mine, so I am hoping for close on 22k in a private sale.

• 3 weeks later...

Some news, I have sold the Santa Fe (1 day on ebay) and £22,200, £500 deposit taken and being picked up next week.

I have heard from BMW dealer that my new motor should be delivered in week commencing 30th April, I now want to add the folding/dimming exterior mirrors as these have been reduced to £210 for LCI models, dealer says this could push back production date, does this sound right? Anyway looks like I will be walking a fair bit for the best part of a month frown.gif

It may well do, I would get him to find out asap and let you know, it may, it may not. If it does I wouldn't bother with them personally, I have them on the 335i, I never fold them as I would rather someone take my mirror off than scratch the side of the car, and the dimming mirror can be added when ever.

[ QUOTE ]

It may well do, I would get him to find out asap and let you know, it may, it may not. If it does I wouldn't bother with them personally, I have them on the 335i, I never fold them as I would rather someone take my mirror off than scratch the side of the car, and the dimming mirror can be added when ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to disagree with you Guy.

Given the crazy cost to replace a mirror (anything from £300-£700 fitted) I'd always spec folding exetrior mirrors. Just makes so much sense to me.

Agreed, if you really want the folding mirrors then it would be worth holding your order up, but the stadard mirrors are pre wired for the dimming feature, so if you are more into this feature rather than the folding mirrors then it could be added at a later date.

There is no way you could justify adding the folding mirrors later on!

I have heard from dealer today, has added the folding and dimming mirrors and estimated delivery date remains the same. He is also letting me have a 530d M sport auto for a day in a couple of weeks, and delivering to my house 30 miles away which is nice!

[ QUOTE ]

I have heard from dealer today, has added the folding and dimming mirrors and estimated delivery date remains the same. He is also letting me have a 530d M sport auto for a day in a couple of weeks, and delivering to my house 30 miles away which is nice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good news 169144-ok.gif

I have been stewing for a while regarding discounts on the 5 series, basically the car i have ordered comes to £39,157 with the 8% discount, I have just printed off the price on coast2coastcars site and comes to £37,048 for the exact same car! another £2k off. What position am I in regarding negotiating a further discount with my dealer considering the car should be with me at the end of April, I have signed an order form and have paid a £2000 deposit. Have I any options?

[ QUOTE ]

I have been stewing for a while regarding discounts on the 5 series, basically the car i have ordered comes to £39,157 with the 8% discount, I have just printed off the price on coast2coastcars site and comes to £37,048 for the exact same car! another £2k off. What position am I in regarding negotiating a further discount with my dealer considering the car should be with me at the end of April, I have signed an order form and have paid a £2000 deposit. Have I any options?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to sure but if you have already signed on the dotted line then dont think there is much you can do.

Maybe someone with more nous on this type of matter will tell where you stand, should have took the printout before you signed (not what you want to hear i know) maybe you could try and get a free service or some freebies from them. frown.gif

Why a £2000 deposit thought the standard deposit was £1000.

It was posted earlier ('5 series discount' thread)that someone has just placed there order with 14% discount, based on the info he got here.

Agreed, you have agreed a price and signed on it also giving a deposit, albeit rather a high one, so you have done the deal.

If you had only put £1000 deposit down you could go back and say that you would like another grand off, as you could loose your deposit and order with coast2coast and still save a grand, but as you have put £2k down you don't have a choice really. I would never do that anyway, I would hate someone to do it to me, so just get the car and enjoy it now. 169144-ok.gif