(Bikes) carrera vs gary fisher

sbgwz

Ok this is one of my first reviews and bikes arent exactly my speciality but il give it a go. Wheres the harm in trying?

<u>"The Bikes"</u> bike.thumb.gif

Gary Fisher Mullet ltd edition

this is my personal bike its a downhill bike with stiff rear end and adjustable front forks.

Carrera Something or other

as you can tell this isnt my bike its my friends. its a racer and erm thats all i know about it

<u>Stage 1: road course</u>

ok my road course was actually just a quick ride to a local shop for a pump for my bike as i have another slow puncture so thats crossed out my bike for the cycle there but generally its normally quite a fun journey as i can bunnyhop over a lot of stuff grin.gif. The Carrera however wow it was os so quick which i suppose is understandable as it was in its prime not to say i wasnt as quick on my bike but i ran out of energy quicker on the gary fisher.

<u>Stage 2: dirt course</u>

... was swamped so the gary fisher was the only bike used it was generally ragged silly so i have a replacement wheel coming for free grin.gif the bike is beautifully balanced for jumping the front is soft the rear hard which makes landing right important but it was so easy. lets be honest i was never going to take a racer over jumps but hey what can you do.

<u>Stage 3: dirt course</u>

this may sound as one sided as the dirt course but it really wasnt both bikes shone through here. I should point out this was a one lap race on a half mile course on each bike with a swap over at the end of each lap. Starting with my gary fisher from the line it sprinted off on the carrera rounding the first corner in first place and then up the hill it was quicker aswell however down the other side the carreras sheer pace blew me away rounding the first corner we ran into what seemed the plague as thousands of gnats flew in our path this is where we both came to a stop as we were in pain from annoying little gnats in our eyes. we began again and again my bike pulled away and then we came to another small hill where my bike gained more ground and accelerated away as the acrrera struggled on the hill. I didnt try too hard down the next straight but it was the home straight so my friend came sailing past so i gave it everthing and to my surprise my bike was quicker but the added friction slowed me down very quickly meaning it was more tireing at those speeds for me but with an obstruction of people blocking our course i jumped off road and overtook for the finish wooooo wahhhhhh

Swapover

this will only be a short evaluation as it went much the same except i won as there was no obstruction at the end but the place where the racer suffered was grip and stability but the speed was amazing ECLIPSe.gif

<u>The verdict</u>

okay 2 very different bikes but i love both i ask myself which would i have? and i just have to say id stick with my gary fisher as it is more practical and fun but i would have to have the carrera just for its speed we both got our bike at discount prices(im not sure how much was deducted) but mine the day it came in was £500 and his was £350 so i would definatley stick with my bike for sheer value for money.

out of 10 (maybe biased)

Gary Fisher A big fat 10

Carrera hmmm 8.5

thankyou for reading especially if you read all of this im sorry if its not upto everyones standards but im a newbie to this.

A final very bad pic of the beasts together

1108761-small1.jpg

And Another

1108761-small3.jpg

post-14061-137914394083_thumb.jpg