Gonna buy an R32

s4dreamer

Just found out today that VW are going to produce a 5-door R32, so it makes the car appealing for the wife for running the kids around. Woohoo!

Spoke to a dealer and they said they have one car unallocated out of next year's 4 car allocation, so once I've negotiated down the deposit they want from £1k to £500, I'm going to get my order in. Can't wait.

That might have been 2002's allocation you missed Danksy. I've contacted both dealers local to me - one has one car of 2003's allocation of 4 left and the other dealer said "some".

Why not trade up - it'll be at least 6 months wait, and you'll have a 5-door "family" car that shifts like * off a * smile.gif

Gonna have to buy an S4 to keep ahead of my wife now though smile.gif

I was going to put my name down but decided not to in the end!! Telford VW have one coming Feb/march which is yet to be allocated to someone! Its in the silver i cant remeber the rest of the spec!! So if you want to be one of the first then you better get a wriggle on!!!

Oh and i think VW were asking just for a £500 deposit, and city VW were asked for a £2k deposit!!! shocked.gif Go figure mad.gif

Just put a £500 deposit down on a new R32 with my dealer (Gilders in Sheffield).

They say I'm #2 on their allocation list for 2003, which would imply that they're not selling well, although Christmas is probably not the best time of year to be marketing a new car like that.

Don't have a clue where I'm going to find the cash to pay for it. Will have to put the children out on the streets, or maybe the wife. Otherwise, anyone know of any banks that don't have much in the way of security ?

I'm excited now, but the missus (who the car is for) says she'd be happy with a new exercise bike and keep her old Golf 4mo (go figure)!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

Too bad Audi won't do the same to the S3

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I might have got her into an S3 if they'd made a 5-door version, although to be honest, I think she prefers the look of the Golf (actually, so do I - think the A3/S3 platform is getting a little dated).

• 8 years later...
****, haven't heard the name drillslinger for ages.

We should have a thread dedicated to the long departed tsners.

Yes a good idea, we could get a list of names, all the great departed tsners and then send a mass email asking them to return and explain why they defected :D lol

Riz :)