T350C windscreen wiper failure of doom

Bison1379134007

Hi,

So the next comedy fault in the life of the trev was had on a nice really rainy day, coming back from the joy that was bruntingthorpe. The windscreen wipers only went and fricking packed in!

Had them on intermitent, it started rainin harder, so went to knock them up to full flow... They just stopped, pointing straight up! If you drive fast enough you can use the air flow to clean your windscreen... luckily thats something the trev does pretty well! so managed to get home in one peice.

Called the TVR centre who said i should bring it in and if i didn't feel happy driving it i could call the AA and they'd flat bed it up there for me! However, i couldn't give you lot the satisfaction of knowing it had been flatbeded so drove it up! wink.giffuck_scott.gif

They looked at it straight away and it was just a fuse (fuse number 24 for future reference) that had gone! No big deal. Swapped it out and the job was a good un smile.gif Trev could blink again! smile.gif

I have to say the service i have recived so far from the TVR centre has been second to none.

Owning the Trev is still a joy smile.gif

Well, good to know they're working again...

I remember my first Jag, checked everything out properly before I bought it, except the wipers, which I overlooked somehow.

Guess what happened when it started to rain (make that pour)... Right, nothing... smashfreakB.gif

So I went to the closest BL dealer, who reacted like "the motor is broken, it needs to be replaced, and I hope there's one in the country, otherwise it'll take about six weeks before we have it". Well, imagine the joy... ROLLEY~14.GIF

After some phone calls it turned out I was "lucky", there was one available at 'only' hfl. 500,- (it's an electromotor for f*cks sake!). But what can you do, so I left the car and went back to pick it up two days later, to be presented with a bill of hfl. 800,- Turned out the hfl. 500,- was just the motor... So I ask were the hfl. 300,- worth of labour came from, since this job was pretty straight forward. He replies "Well, it's a Jaguar, so the hourly rate is higher of course". I asked him what the difference was in spending an hour on a Mini or spending an hour on a Jag, it's the same hour, right? His answer: "Well, a Jaguar mechanic has had more training and comes at a higher rate". Since mine was the only Jag around I asked him if he employed any 'qualified Jaguar mechanics'..."No, I don't" was his reply... How's that for logics...? ROLLEY~14.GIF

rocketwhore.gif

• 2 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously, if you can't diagnose and change a fuse wouldn't you be better off with something German or Japanese? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt realise that it was a pre requisite for owning a TVR (granted it helps)... there i was thinking its all about the driving experience smashfreakB.giffuck_scott.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Didnt realise that it was a pre requisite for owning a TVR (granted it helps)...

[/ QUOTE ]

What - having a brain and a bit of nous. It probably is. UHOH7.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

SLEEP5.GIF Make friends easily do you.. smashfreakB.gif Sorry but theres no PROBABLY at all, i have no brain and an no nous and have survived TVR ownership!!! fuck_scott.gif

Play nicely now wont you!! beerchug.gif