Also lookin for a Tuscan, Help Needed!

Dipak

Hi, I am lookin for a tuscan maybe upto £20k, seen many on autotrader for £18 odd, but theres always a few pop up at £14k some £13 with (cat D, but fully repaired). Should I stay away from these.

I definately want a Tuscan, most likely a speed six. Have seen many advertised with engine rebuilds upto 06 spec. Which years needed to be recalled and wat else shall I look for when viewing one. I hope someone can help thanks!! cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Howdo Dip

New to these parts, but a regular on the PH TVR Section

All Tuscans are speed six unless they have had a different unit dropped in by the owners

Cat D and C are nothing to be affraid of aslong as the work has been done to the highest of quality and everything can be varified!

With the speed six engine, anything after 2003 or built to a 2003 spec is a bonus, but not perfect

Make sure you warm up the car thoroughly before doing anything even slightly lairy as the Sp6 is a basic race engine

It wasnt so much of a factory recall, mainly a TVR warranty which was honoured with the SP6 when it blew its top

Many Tuscans have had engine rebuilds around the 20,000 mile mark and should be good for another 20-35,000 if looked after properly

Always check the suspension geometry as soon as possible and ask for advice on the tyre pressures as the Tuscan is very bloody twitchy with the wrong pressures etc

Make sure you have everything that is possible to check, checked as it can be slightly expensive should anything go wrong

Budget for £3,000 per annum running costs...that doesnt neccesarily mean you will end up paying 3k every year of ownership, but things can be expensive and its always best to budget to make the TVR experience as pleasant and trouble free as possible.

Being fibreglass and low, they pick up a lot of stone chips accross the front. This isnt a major problem as such as a case of owners vanity and tendancey to want everything perfect so if you go for a lighter colour, stone chips wont show up too badly

Front end resprays are common and you can also purchase armourfend for the front to stop it happening

Make sure you check all the electrics out as they can be a bugger to sort out..but usually ok!

Remember that these cars offer no traction control or ABS so be carefull when planting your right foot...the power does have a tendancy to catch people out. Try going on an ultimate car control course to make the most of the Tuscan in a safe and sound way smile.gif

Some good ones coming up now around 16-18k and you'll usually get what you pay for

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

thax for detailed info

i ask you more info in rebuilt engine?

why people must rebuilt it?what the problem?

is it true that the problems are before 2003 models or not?

how can i feel if a car is maintened with care?are there a tricks?

ciao

thanx in advance

mauro

• 2 weeks later...

Biggest thing to look for is an owner who treats the car getly when cold. Only buy if you're sure the car has been cosseted. Don't buy a neglected TVR.

Engine faults are usually related to the valve train (cam followers etc.), but other things do happen. You can buy a warranty to cover the cost of this.