BMW Compatible Bluetooth phones.

CarMad

Ok so who has got what phones working on their bluetooth kit then. I've seen the BMW compatability list but it doesn't show some of the phones I'm looking at either way.

I take in none of the Symbian Nseries or eSeries work from what I have seen is that right? Still not 100% sure its going to be a BMW as my next motor, offer is back for the job and looking good just need the paper work. grin.gif

Yeah I've always been a Nokia fan and never had a problem with them but then I've had a cradle / speaker fitted into the car. Might look at and SE maybe a K800i.

I know some of the Nokias are fine and work a treat but not the top end models it seems. blush.gifconfused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

My K800i transferred the phone book onto the car and is accessible on screen, only thing it hasnt done is the text message facility but I am not fussed about that, just a bloody distraction!

[/ QUOTE ]

It says it should have full compatibility for the K800i... from 06/09 so maybe if you get your software level looked at it might do everything for you if you want it too. 169144-ok.gif

Sony Ericsson K800i R1ED001 N 09/06 Full

BMW bluetooth Compatibility levels

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

My K800i transferred the phone book onto the car and is accessible on screen, only thing it hasnt done is the text message facility but I am not fussed about that, just a bloody distraction!

[/ QUOTE ]

It says it should have full compatibility for the K800i... from 06/09 so maybe if you get your software level looked at it might do everything for you if you want it too. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks mate, I will check it out! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

boohoo, nothing for the Blackberry 8100 mad.gif

That's down to the Blackberry unfortunately. I read somewhere that the reason is something to do with security.

However I have had the phonebook transfer on a 3-series with Bluetooth and also on an A4 with Bluetooth, but the advanced functions (dialled, received, missed etc) didn't transfer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

How does the system handle two phones say when my wife and I are both going to be in the car?

[/ QUOTE ]

you simply set the phones in priority order. It can still only connect to one. So, set yours as the main one and wifes as 2nd priority (in the BT setup menu). It will then always connect to yours first, unless you tell it to connect to your wifes - e.g. if she is driving. 169144-ok.gif

My wife will be the main driver of the car but when I am driving we will probably both be in the car but it would be my phone that I would want as the main - she may not even have her phone with her when I have mine in the car with us. So if i setup mine as the main I assume in the absence of me being in the car it will automatically find her phone and connect and then if we are both in the car it will automatically find mine and connect to it. Is that right?

Hi,

Am waiting to hear when I can pick up my April 06 535d MSport. Just wondering what to do about my mobile phone.

I currently have a Nokia 8800 Sirroco and it shows as not being supported in the BMW BLUETOOTH COMPATIBILITY LIST.

Anyone know what functions I will be able to use, I'm due an upgrade soon, so could change to a SE K800i, but it says 09/06 cars onwards smashfreakB.gif

Cheers

Paul

Well a K810i works on my 07 spec 3 series so I see no reason why it won't work on yours. Everything I've tried with it works and it integrates really well. Leave it in my pocket with bluetooth on and as soon as I get in and start up give of take a few seconds I can make and receive calls no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking into this compatible phones thing recently and today have noticed that BMW have added a load more phones to the list for my car the 3 series Touring. Might be the same for all other models. If compatability is listed as limited does this mean it still works acceptably?

I am thinking of the Samsung U600 which is listed as limited compatibility for 2007 model cars. Mine is a 2006 car so maybe just need a software upgrade to the car?