123d/125d?

rottenbend

Still around 210bhp I think. Worth speaking to the tuners though as they are having a few probs writing to the new ECU, not sure if teh 120d has this or not?

Great cars though, we were going to sell ours but can't bring myself to let it go at the moment.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yup could have been.

Spoke to DMS today about my 320d (2006), they can map it to 200bhp and 400odd nm of torque (i.e. as per the 23d) for 500 quid. Apparently the new 177bhp 20d is encrypted and cant be chipped. Suspisions BMW are going to launch something themselves.

• 4 months later...

What sort of power / torque outputs can you expect from AMD / DMS map on a standard 120d i.e. the 160Bhp / 251 lb-ft version?

Have you had this done to yours Guy? I take it it's worth doing for £500??

I've not got a 120d (want a 130), but thought maybe this might be the all round cheaper performance option....

I had a spider tuning box, bought it as a stop gap as DMS and the others cold not fit me in before my trip to italy, having said that I was so impressed with it I kept it on there and I am about to order another for the 320d.

It gave around 205bhp, the facelift 177bhp cars are getting around 210bhp.

It was about the same speed wise as the 530i, maybe a little quicker from 30-80mph.

Fuel consumption at 40mpg (auto) made a hell of a difference to overall running costs though, £45 for 450 miles was nice.

Cheers Guy,

How tricky is it to fit one of the Spider tuning boxes? (How does it work), had a scout around their website and it seems to be circa £350 - is that little black box and cable left permanently attached or is it some form of download overide for the ecu?

• 4 weeks later...
The new 123d can be tuned with a p-tronic box from the standard 204bhp 400Nm to 265bhp and 520Nm all for about £450.

The 123d Coupe (stock) is one fast olie burner....

Was down at BMW last Sunday and got a testdrive!

Are you sure about 265bhp/520NM?

not too sure yet, but the boxes do come with specific instructions relating to your engine, if you look on the website it shows a demo of one being fitted to a Honda CRV, litterally takes about 30 secs min, but i guess they knew exactly what the were looking for/doing. Can't be too difficult, its just two plugs and then finding somewhere secure to mount the box itself.

Again, be able to tell you more when mine arrives.

Pics now added on review section.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a look but they only seem to do the juice box for the 335 and the 135 does it just tweak the boost on the turbos?

I'm sure you'll love the 135i, are you going to add any of the BMW performance mods to it?? I'm already looking into the brake kit, price is about £800+VAT for the whole kit, but fitting is £500+VAT (blatant theft if u ask me!).

P-tronic will be here tomorrow, just looked on tnt's tracking page.+++