What do people think of this colour?

loddrik

[ QUOTE ]

There is an original Cooper S near my office in that colour combo and it looks stunning, but the new one does look best in dk grey and black, the business IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but only Cooper S's come in that colour. We were going to get an 'S', but the insurance for my GF was £1700, so a Cooper it is.

Car is cream, not white, and at first it does not seem too nice, but I assure you, it does grow on you, call it retro chic, if you will.

beerchug.gif

I'm sure I am going to come in for some critcism from being a white car lover but I really like the white with the black stripes...

I really hated white cars until I stood at my Audi dealer trying to pick an A3, saw all the black and silver ones when my white one stood out... Decided to go for the White (Or sort of off white/ivory colour it is) and people always comment on the fact that they have never seen one that colour before and that they really like it... Have only ever seen one other white A3 about and I really like the fact that it stands out...

Everyone seems to be going for Mini's in that red colour or that metallic blue, if you have one in white it is a little different and makes you stand out abit. As for the cleaning surprisingly mine doesn't need cleaning that often considering I do close on 700miles a week mostly motorway and when it does it takes half the time 'cos you can see exactly where the dirt is first time and not have to keep going over the thing... my mate has a black car and that seems to show the dirt, especially salt off the road even more than mine!

Sorry, dudes, but the cool colour to have this year is white or cream. I bought my wife a New Beetle Convertible in Harvest Moon Beige (cream) with a cream interior, and it is just utterly gorgeous!

(see attached pic)

Last years cool colour was deep metallic purple. This years cool colours are warm off whites (creams) and Metallic Orange (ala Lamborghini Murcielago). Trust me on this... grin.gif

post-2061-137914254666_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Is it me or does that car look massive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, i reckon The young lass is actually sitting on a chair on the doorstep, and the photo was taken at a deliberate angle to confuse people

[ QUOTE ]

"Now Doogle, listen, this cows small, and that cow is far away"

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry, dudes, but the cool colour to have this year is white or cream. Last years cool colour was deep metallic purple. This years cool colours are warm off whites (creams) and Metallic Orange (ala Lamborghini Murcielago). Trust me on this... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this from a man who bought a Beetle RSi - case for the prosecution is closed jump.gif

but seriously colour is a personal thing, I put white (or "cream") slightly below brown and above beige in least likeable colours but others like them - probably get away with them on Beetles Minis and Smart cars but on a luxury brands the general rule about silvers and dark metallics holds true IMVHO

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry, dudes, but the cool colour to have this year is white or cream. Last years cool colour was deep metallic purple. This years cool colours are warm off whites (creams) and Metallic Orange (ala Lamborghini Murcielago). Trust me on this... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this from a man who bought a Beetle R32 - case for the prosecution is closed jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, but that's my point - I always buy cars that are "different" - I think a lot more about style than most people (probably why I'm a Video Game Producer and did a degree in design and maths(!)), so your example serves me well!

As for your example - on "ordinary" looking cars (Passats, A4s, BMW 3 series etc), I agree you can't go with "trendy" colours, and on these cars, the desireable colours will never change, but you've got to understand the beast - cars like Minis, New Beetles, Cruisers etc are all fashion statements before cars, so trendy colours suit them well. The question of "which came first, the trendy colour or the trendy car" (chicken\egg etc) is certainly true with these models.

You can even get away with them on madder looking sports cars - I've seen Corvettes and TVRs in creams and very light blues etc, and they just look great. Whether they will in the next 5 years, however is a completely different kettle of fish.... grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

but beetle R32 dude! smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Little confused here - surely you all think the Golf R32 is cool, right? So it must be the fact that my motor was a bug, yeah?

Uh-oh! When I buy my missus the 1.8T cab, we'll have had six of them!!! grin.gif

The Bug RSi looked awesome, IMHO - it also handled like a dream, but it just wasn't quick enough for me, and neither would the Golf be, unfortunately... frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry, dudes, but the cool colour to have this year is white or cream. I bought my wife a New Beetle Convertible in Harvest Moon Beige (cream) with a cream interior, and it is just utterly gorgeous!

(see attached pic)

[/ QUOTE ]

Me thinks they both look lovely mate! cool.gifwink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

(see attached pic)

[/ QUOTE ]

Me thinks they both look lovely mate! cool.gifwink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah! She's a babe. That's why I married her... grin.gif

sorry meant Beetle RSi - I'll keep my views on that beaut to myself crazy.gifwink.gif

I hear what you are saying Covlette but I think most people on here consider style when choosing a car - it just isn't the only factor (but as you say maybe its the most important one for you), I would never buy a car that was stylish but slow/unsporty (eg A4 cab) or one that was quick/sporty but completely unstylish (eg Scoobys / Evos IMHO)

obviously peoples opinion as to what constitutes style are very different which is what makes it interesting. I consider the 3 cars you mentioned very differently:

Mini Cooper - great looking car with style, handling and perforemance (would definitely be on my sub-£20k shortlist.

Beetle - don't like them - handling/perf not up to it, definitely have style but not mine "I chose this car coz it looks cute and I have hippy tendencies" - one for the girls.

PT cruiser (was that what you meant?) - dull handling / perf but stylish and different - if I was in my 40s I'd rather buy the wife one than a Focus / Astra.

all IMVVHO jump.gif