Beckenham Audi R8 Launch Event

Daz

I managed to blag an invite to my dealer's R8 launch event this evening. It is a very nice car isn't it grin.gif I thought the quality of the whole car including the interior was superb. Obviously a very high spec of car at the advertised price and it's not the colour scheme that I would have chosen either, I think I would have had the contrasting silver sideblades and grey interior.

IMG_3460_1024x768.sized.jpg

IMG_3457_1024x768.sized.jpg

IMG_3434_1024x768.sized.jpg

IMG_3443_1024x768.sized.jpg

More pics in gallery

My provisional order (before I cancelled) was Black metallic with black side-blade, but I wanted a black leather interior.

Funnily enough I didn't rate the interior as much as some people - I would have added the carbon fibre highlights to replace the cheap looking grey plastic inserts in the interior.

At £90k that must include pretty much every option available!!

beerchug.gif

Sidicks

At first I thought it was photos of David Beckham's R8.

Anyway I've seen Daytona with a light grey blade in the flesh and it doesn't look right. I've also posted the other day on the interior - not special enough and too many TT bits.

Sorry, at 90k I just don't think that car is going to wash.

At that sort of price you're not just looking at the sticker price you're looking at professional leasing - I.e. professional people who want the car for a period at the least cost.

The resale value on this car is already under threat and I just can't see it competing against a 70k car never mind a 90k one.

FFS you can get an 85k car on 680+VAT deals at the minute based on resale value of course. I can't see this one coming in at less then 850-1k a month can you?

It's a nice car, it ain't that nice though.

[ QUOTE ]

It seems a little odd (ney, cheap) to have the price on the dash.... If the event was as exclusive as it seems, would you really need to put the price on the car. It's almost, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it".

[/ QUOTE ]

169144-ok.gifPrecisely "This is where Audi appear to be going"

This car is competing with the established best @ this price, and frankly 90K+ it just aint worth. pengy.gif

Especially when you compair it to the RS4 with the same basic running gear, it's a no brainer slap.gif

[ QUOTE ]

All the R8 lease deals are coming in at around £1600 a month including vat on a 3+23 hire period, which shows you where the lease companies think this will be in 2 years time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the equivalent number for the 911 is around £1,200 ???

smashfreakB.gif

sidicks

[ QUOTE ]

I guess what its telling us is that we should be buying R8's at top car auctions in two years time for.....

£55k?

[/ QUOTE ]

169144-ok.gif

That's the way I look at it too.

I had a look at the figures this morning and that price is for a bog standard car, they are only giving a balloon of £26k at the moment after 36 months, so anything you add spec wise will have to be written off over 3 years in the costings.

I would guess as soon as the car is out and demand is high, you will start to get much, much better deals on it.

You can get into a 911 Carrera for £750+vat so I would expect to see a figure closer to a grand after a couple of months of the car being out, only problem is you probably won't be able to get one then! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

All the R8 lease deals are coming in at around £1600 a month including vat on a 3+23 hire period, which shows you where the lease companies think this will be in 2 years time.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you mean Contract Hire, not lease Guy.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the equivalent number for the 911 is around £1,200 ???

smashfreakB.gif

sidicks

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends if it is Lease purchase or Contract Hire really Simon.

[ QUOTE ]

That is just the online lease companies though, I would expect Lombard to offer customers they know 50% over 36 months no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct 169144-ok.gif

And I'd like to see any "on line lease company" get a sniff of supplying a UK R8 to spec as well.... sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But you mean Contract Hire, not lease Guy.....

[/ QUOTE ]

That was what confused me, it did clearly say Leae purchase, but was laid out like a Contract Hire scheme, but did say final payment/option to buy at £26k, so maybe it just made it easier to advertise??