Er, have I gone mad?

drpellypo

This has been going on for a long long long time, and everybody is probably sick of it by now, but I STILL haven't decided on a replacement for the Passat. I posted a message on detailingworld and someone suggested the 159. Now, I've never been a fan of alfa's - I don't know why - just haven't. But the 159 just looks so fantastic.

I've booked a test drive for Saturday o_O

Have I completely lost my marbles, or am I going to love having one of these when the Passat goes?

I'm buying one..!!!

Honestly, I got in it and though 'ack - it's rubbish.' Plastics not as good as the Passat, controls not as good as the Passat, nowhere near as luxurious or spacious as the Passat. Engine was noisy when idle. Then I started to drive it and thought 'hang on, is this a diesel?!' It drove just like a petrol. Then I got back from the test drive, got out, and looked at it, and then looked at the Passat, and then looked at the alfa again, and you know what? I actually did a little wee in my pants. Pictures do it no justice - this car is hot!

So Oct this year I shall be ordering one, and the Passat will be going the end of Jan ready for it arriving.

\o/

Good Man!

Sex on wheels is a phrased often referred to with the old 156 when it first appeared and now the 159!

Which model are you going for? All the engines are great and very smooth!

Have you mentioned this to the rest of TSN - prepare to be 'advised' what else to get ices_blah.gifices_blah.gifices_blah.gif

If I was in the market for a new car..............

[ QUOTE ]

So Oct this year I shall be ordering one,

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif are you really buying a brand new Alfa Romeo? No doubt it is a very good looking car but it will depreciate like something falling of a cliff - why not buy a nearly new one and let someone else take the first big wack? 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Good Man!

Sex on wheels is a phrased often referred to with the old 156 when it first appeared and now the 159!

Which model are you going for? All the engines are great and very smooth!

Have you mentioned this to the rest of TSN - prepare to be 'advised' what else to get ices_blah.gifices_blah.gifices_blah.gif

If I was in the market for a new car..............

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna go for the 1.9. I drove the 2.4 and was going to go for that, but looking at the figures, there's only 1 second difference 0-62 and the fuel economy is much better on the 1.9. And it's a fair bit cheaper so I can spec it up.

No you haven't gone mad at all, welcome to the proper petrol head club where we find German cars quite boring. 169144-ok.gif

I have the 156 2.4 JTD with 123,000 miles on the clock and it still hasn't missed a beat and still has that lovely 5 pot growl/warble to it. With a remap on it the 2.4 unit really does go like dung.gif of a shovel.

• 2 weeks later...

If I decide to sell the R32 - I will probably go contract hire for a year or so. And I quite fancy an Alfa.......although I wouldnt like to buy a brand new one.

Have they got the reliability/build quality sorted yet?

If they have, its a good choice IMO DrP 169144-ok.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...