Evo Insurance!

Rodney

Right here go`s. I`ve just joined today and instead of trying to guess what to do from here on in, I thought I would pick your brains. I`m a big evo lover and I am planning on buying one in the next few months. Would anyone be able to steer me in the direction of a decent insurer and what kind of money I would be looking at. Can`t decide between a 6 or 7! pengy.gif

Probably better off asking on www.lancerregister.com

For my thoughts, better long term option would be en EVO 6 Makinen edition, although I prefer the look of the 7 (am I the only one?). 7's look better in the metal. I ended up with a P1 as love the P1, cheaper running costs (just) and THAT noise.

Insurance wise, Tesco's are generally the best.

• 4 months later...

hi, sorry for diving in with my first post, but I am facing this as well.

I work for an insurance company,

tesco and priveldge, also norwich union direct.

hopefully these can help but also the best advice is,

always call in the middle two weeks of the month, prices are lower because the first and last weeks are seen as distressed purchases!

with the person on the phone always say you pay annually, this gets rid of the extra charge for dd, trust me there are more than one.

and finally tell them you want the insurance then and there, have all the car and driver details to hand, plus convictions, they can tell tyre kickers a mile off, also if they think the sale is close they will fight for a better price..

hope these help if you need anymore info email me,

good luck

jon

post-3917-137914268931_thumb.jpg

Jon, cheers for the info........will be of use in the near future!

Welcome to TSN!

beerchug.gif

JT

PS - just picked up my first SP30 3 point speeding fine en route to Scotland over Easter suicide.gif - will this make much difference to quotes or are insurance companies taking into account that so many people now have at least one set ofspeeding points on their licence, what with the rabbit-like breeding of Gatsos etc ?

with points shop about but usually after 12 months they will not load your premium, mostly points just stop new drivers getting discount, and if the police are reading this, then the reason for handing out so many point is to punish drivers on the insurance premiums then it has done the opposite. Loading for points has dropped in the last two years, and the more you give the less it will affect the average motorist.

sorry to rant.