B5 RS4

deanos3

Writers block. It's a funny thing isn't it? You have your dream car for 4 nights, you can't stop driving it, nor talking to your mates about it. Then you come to write down your thoughts about it and.......well, nothing! Flush.gif

I was never that great with words so I'll just do a list of goods and bads.....

Bad first...

<ul type="square"> Looks 8 years old

Drives like its 8 years old

Not hard to unsettle on twisty B roads (nothing that new shocks could sort out)

Doesn't sound great out of the box

Recaro's sit too high (just like an S3 of that era)

I don't own one!

Now the good

<ul type="square"> Looks, just look at it grrrrrrr

So very, very fast, feels a lot faster than the B7 thanks to the bi-turbo

Respect - I've not known anything like it, every petrol head would nod or wave, I even got a flash of the lights from an M3 169144-ok.gif

It's an avant, very understated, although the 'look at me' red paint helps it stand out. Practical too!

Handling - Generally very good, steering is direct, understeers when pushed, steering feel like all Audi's of this generation is lacking, suspension is stiff but supple. Like I said earlier, it can be unsettled over B roads, nothing that some money could sort out though.

Overall - Bloody brilliant. It really is a special car, I've driven a lot of cars before and none of them have made me feel this way about a car. If your looking for a fast, practical, unique & fairly rare car, the RS4 is the answer. And now that you can pick them up for as little as 17k, they are quite the bargain!

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

yellab5vn2.jpg

dsc2295editur2.jpg

dsc2111editwf2.jpg

dsc2062editre9.jpg

dsc2052editsa0.jpgnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Had a ride in Bushy's back in 2001 (?)

quickest thing I've ever been in, other than in the air !

Would I buy one - no I'd rather have a B5 S4, more subtle and in all honesty probably as fast as you need, miss my S3 for that mid range grunt, my current quattro T Sport 190 just isn't the same ! I should probably have chipped it from the outset.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Awesome car!

I really do love them, in some ways I prefer it to the B7, a true classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fully agree with that! Great car!! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thirded.

I've just noticed the colours are all over the place if your not using a colour profile managed browser (internet explorer), sorry, the photo's look very dark and a tad on the green side. I'll get it fixed soon!

• 1 year later...
Hi Bushy !! How are you?

Actually your's is STILL the only RS4 I've ever ridden in...... wouldn't have minded a go in RS4 John's when he had it ...

John's old one is still going strong - lapping the 'Ring regularly apparently Chris.