Nokia N92

allanon_1980

This was posted by mrklaw on bm3w, maybe worth a try....

[ QUOTE ]

Hi,

There have been a few posts on other boards complaining about the new N95 not pairing properly with the BT kit in BMWs, and not allowing the phonebook.

Well I have an N95 and just picked up my lovely E46 M3 this morning. First thing I did was to play with the bluetooth. Finally got it working ok. Its a bit of a faff but it gives you your phonebook and caller ID etc.

First, go into pairing mode in the car, and use the N95 to find the car. Enter your pin number so the phone is paired. Don't exit pairing mode on the BMW yet.

Now on the N95 go to contacts. Select about 10-15 contacts (hold down the pen key and scroll down). Then go to options -> send business card -> via bluetooth. Select the BMW from the list of bluetooth devices and it'll send them across. Repeat for the rest of your contact list.

You may end up with a few duplicates in your BMW phonebook depending on whether your original contacts had multiple phone numbers or not. But it definitely works and displays incoming call name properly etc.

I tried doing the whole contacts list in one go but it failed - doing it piecemeal takes a little longer but its a one time thing.

My car is a 2003 E46 M3 with satnav + TV + BT prep.

[/ QUOTE ]