New cat ?

Dadstoys

Love the Bengals. +++ I was only looking them up on the net the other week, after seeing the IAMS advert.

I am toying with the idea of a couple of kittens, and Bengals would be my first choice as a house pet. Im rattling around in the house on my own too, and always liked cats so its always been a possibility that i might get one or possibly two, so they entertain each other while i am at work.

There were quite a few websites online that were good on information when i was browsing around one rainy sunday.

I found a similar question here on a owners website.

www.bengalcat.co.uk/letters/4.htm

The main site is a good read too. www.bengalcat.co.uk

I might just bend your ear if/when i decide if i want some additions to the house +++

Devon Rex's are also a good house cat [look like the dude in my avator].

I managed to keep ours, JayKay, when split from wife.

No idea on them getting along though, guessin there would be some scraps until they get used to each other.

Wow. We lost a very lovable quarter-Sphinx/three-quarter-Moggy a while back, very interactive cat who used to go for walks with us; now replaced by another mog in definite retirement mode, and I liked the idea of the Bengal to replace the latter when he pegs it.

But ...

My Bengal will land on my shoulder in a single leap from a couple of metres away, in order to assist me in any interesting activity such as answering the door, or looking in a cupboard. They will bounce about, roll around, switch lights on and off (!) and even do full somersaults whilst in high spirits.

.. this sounds a nightmare with £40K of paintings in the house. Having a cat leap onto one with claws outstretched has always been a phobia of mine but this sounds like the only breed that might actually do it (see/enlarge the attachment below). Am I being paranoid? Would love one else... Any experience of this?

post-1843-13791441466_thumb.jpg

I've got a 4 month old bengal kitten and yes she is pretty good at jumping and always wants to climb, she has already clawed a canvas wedding print in our bedroom, the wife was not happy!

I also walked into the kitchen and found she had jumped four feet from the top of the fridge onto the top of a door no idea how she didn't fall off!

She has tries climbing the tv too which wasn't good!

I've also found she is a bit more wild than an average cat so if you are not confident with them then go for a standard cat. She has already got into a fight with next doors cat who is 18 months old, he turned tail quite quickly! Not sure if this is standard with bengals but stuff I have read online and other owners have said this sort of thing is quite common. Despite this she is a lovely kitten, just needs a bit of looking after!

My wife will land on my shoulder in a single leap from a couple of metres away, in order to assist me in any interesting activity such as answering the door, or looking in a cupboard. They will bounce about, roll around, switch lights on and off (!) and even do full somersaults whilst in high spirits.

She sounds like a fun loving girl! :uhoh: