New owner 135i Questions

Si-135i

Hi all,

I'm really pleased with this car, I've got 2000 miles on it now and it's getting looser all the time.

what mileage do I need to do to fully loosen it up ?

Has anyone fitted the SSTT to a 135i and does it add a risk to the turbo's or anything else as I have heard of some turbos being broken with tunes on this engine ?

I have also heard that the SSTT isn't an easy fit on the 135i as the cable is at the bottom and the splash sheild needs removing, is this correct ?

Does a replacement Air filter help this engine like a K&N and if so, which filter is the best and won't cause any problems with MAF sensors etc ?

I find the tickover is a little lumpy, is this normal ?

Sorry for all the questions and I hope you are all as please with your 135i as I am with mine.

Si

Congrats with the 1er...

SSTT is a mild tune for the N54, so no big risk for the turbos!

SE Streamline performance is custom for N54 cars and the best...

Replace air filter on BMW 135i, 335i, 535i with Helene Performance Streamline SE filter panel

see more at 1addicts.com or E90Post.com

Thanks for the reply and the link. Do you know if there are any MAF issues with an oiled air filter on this engine ?

Also, is the SSTT "safe" for the engine with respect to "how" if tunes it, ie does it "trick" the engine on air temp etc , as this is not a good way to gain performance.

Si

Thanks for the reply and the link. Do you know if there are any MAF issues with an oiled air filter on this engine ?

Also, is the SSTT "safe" for the engine with respect to "how" if tunes it, ie does it "trick" the engine on air temp etc , as this is not a good way to gain performance.

Si

hehe...

I am not even broken in yet (1500 km) and I dont have SSTT yet!

But wait some time there will be an SSTT+ and JB3

FAQ's

Split Second and 1Addicts.com