lepsons refurb ????

jcoles7

Hi All,

My Monza II's are in need of a refurb they are badly white worm'd and corroding.

My question is, has anyone who has had Lepsons do a refurb then got white worm again ??

Is it just a case of poor manufacture or is the diamond cut, polish and lacquer process just prone to white worm ??

Would I be better off getting them powder coated ??

Cheers Jason

I have had many wheels (over 20) refurbed by Lepsons although none have been diamond cut. My diamond cut E55 AMG wheels were refurbed by Pristine (in MK) and after a while the white worm corrosion came back. Diamond cut wheels are just prone to this sort of corrosion and there is very little you can do other than paint the wheels. My Mercedes wheels that were diamond cut in the holes - I had lepsons paint the whole wheel in Silver Chrome - wheels are now two years old and still perfect. Obviously this approach would be difficult with a Monza wheel as the face is diamon cut and the holes are painted balck.

The diamond cut / lacquer is not very durable. If the lacquer gets a chip and moisture gets in then they will corrode.

It can be avoided though if you don't kerb the wheels and you seal them very frequently.

Personally, I think the diamond cut Monza II is a dinstinct feature of the GTI and as such should be maintained.