Ipod Adaptor

cb_cab

Hi, I've just bought and Ipod Touch and want to adapt it to my car, a 2003 A4 3.0 cabriolet with standard concert stereo. I've done a search on here but have a question. I'm not bothered about too many features so am thinking of going for the Connects2. Can comeone tell me what is the difference between the 'ipod adaptor' (CTAADIPOD003) and the 'aux adaptor' (CTVADX001)? They seem to say they both do the same thing, but the aux adaptor is about £20 cheaper.

The difference is that one of them will connect to an iPod (look at the black cable in the bottom left of the picture of CTAADIPOD003) and the other just has RCA audio inputs - look at the white box in CTVADX001.

You could buy the aux in part and then source the necessary cable to let you use an iPod with it, but why not just buy the riht bit from the start?

The aux in part definitely won't charge the iPod but the iPod specific one might.

Hi, I've just bought and Ipod Touch and want to adapt it to my car, a 2003 A4 3.0 cabriolet with standard concert stereo. I've done a search on here but have a question. I'm not bothered about too many features so am thinking of going for the Connects2. Can comeone tell me what is the difference between the 'ipod adaptor' (CTAADIPOD003) and the 'aux adaptor' (CTVADX001)? They seem to say they both do the same thing, but the aux adaptor is about £20 cheaper.

I have a genuine Audi adaptor for sale it was fitted to by b7 A4 and acts like the cd changer, very good quality sound, it should plat a new touch but may not charge it.

I have a genuine Audi adaptor for sale it was fitted to by b7 A4 and acts like the cd changer, very good quality sound, it should plat a new touch but may not charge it.

Hi

I have the ipod adapter, works well with ipod classic, iphone really does not like it and tells me on the screen.

:(

Hi

I have the ipod adapter, works well with ipod classic, iphone really does not like it and tells me on the screen.

:(

Never had a problem with the 1st gen phone other than it wouldn't accept calls, it needs to be in airplane mode, 2nd gen phone wouldn't charge again airplane mode only. You can get an adaptor to go between the lead and the Idevice to allow charging.

The ipod adapter should let you go to next/previous tracks using your head unit or steering wheel controls (if you have them). Should also allow selection of up to 5 playlists I think, although I've never found this to be that good.

Also, they sell an add-on adapter for the newer ipods which should allow charging, if the basic ipod adapter doesn't charge it. I found this on one of the websites selling it:

Requires Charging Adaptor CT-IPODCONVERTOR for 4th Gen Nano, 3rd Gen Touch and iphone, iphone can only be used in Aircraft Mode.