4 wheel drive issue with v6 4motion

dave_v6

While im on here i may as well ask my second question.

Ive got a y reg (2001) golf 2.8 v6 4motion. When i turn tight corners at low speed there is a noise from the rear wheels. If im turning right it seems to be the rear left wheel. If i turn left it seems to be the rear right wheel. Its as though whichever wheel is outside the bend isnt turning fast enough, and therefore is being dragged along. Only happens at low speed on tight corners, almost full lock. Other than that its fine. Was suggested it may be a transfer box or differential problem. Have you had any similar problems. Any ideas?

While im on here i may as well ask my second question.

Ive got a y reg (2001) golf 2.8 v6 4motion. When i turn tight corners at low speed there is a noise from the rear wheels. If im turning right it seems to be the rear left wheel. If i turn left it seems to be the rear right wheel. Its as though whichever wheel is outside the bend isnt turning fast enough, and therefore is being dragged along. Only happens at low speed on tight corners, almost full lock. Other than that its fine. Was suggested it may be a transfer box or differential problem. Have you had any similar problems. Any ideas?

A number of people with R32s have commented on symptoms similar to this and IIRC they were suggesting it could be the Haldex controller. Have a look at the threads on the r32oc.com site.