Radio keeps turning itself on?

micalee

I have an RCD300 and the radio keeps turning itself on? It goes off when the key is taken out, but then I go out there a while later and its playing.

Until I get to the bottom of it, can someone tell me which is the fuse for the radio so I can remove it to prevent it going on.

Cheers

Thanks Bob - I have now located fuse (F19 under bonnet) and the radio is off. Hopefully someone may shed some light on why it does this. It can remain off for hours, but recently I have gone out and it is on? It has done this before, but then it stopped for months and months - its now started again!

You're welcome and glad you found it. The R32 has fuses located all over the shop so they can be hard to trace.

I do remember some people with Seat Ibiza / Leons a few years back having a very similar problem. They would come back to the car and the radio would be playing, "Christine" style. You may want to do some searching on seatcupra.net as well as some other VW forums.

Not heard of anyone having an issue recently though.

Good luck in finding it.

Know this problem only too well and would of thought that this car would have been sorted.........Its something to do with the cd part of the head unit which cause em to come on at random.

There was and still is a service action for this problem in the form of a software update.Worth a trip to the VW retailer for the update.........and should resolve this problem for you.+++