[Audi A3/S3] Audi A3 S-Line

ilyas

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black or Avus silver, i think my heads about to explode, yesterday i was all set to order black then i saw a f-ing sliver one and my heads spinning, i need to win the lottery and order one of each i think.

The quicker i decide the quicker ill get the car

Arghhhhhhhhh

There are going to be many opinions ..but here is mine.

I chose Ebony Black for my Audi A3 Sline. People might say i'm stupid..because cleaning it will be a hassle. But i look at it from a different view. I'm not buying the car..as though its just another car..to me its something special...this A3 is like my lil toy and i wanna keep it in perfect condition. I'm crazy about it..and can't wait and I know that when I get the car.. I will treat it well. If it gets dirty, I will clean it. It wont be a hassle..but more of a pleasure to see my car all nice and clean.

Another point I have to mention is that almost everyone on this forum is getting a silver s line. Be different for once in your life... black stands out..and its different..dont be a sheep. The black also makes the alloys stand out a lot...and with 18z..well..showing off is part of the car!

So my opinion..if ure a lazy ass and this is just another Audi for you..because ure filthy rich and can afford to get a new one every 2 years...get the Avus Silver. If this car is a special car to you..something you will keep for a long time..and cherish and look after..and u are crazy about it..and are willing to clean it..but look pimp as a result...get the black

SPericani2.gif

I originally went for Misano red, but changed my mind to Ebony Black as after seeing the colour on the car it seems to have a orange tint to it

I decided not to go for a silver car as it seems the most popular colour today and looking at the car park at work, every other car is a shade of silver.

To be fair, Avus silver is a really nice colour and it does look good on the A3

As for cleaning the car, luckily my company pay for me to get my car cleaned 169144-ok.gif

OK done,ordered, no going back,im now looking forward to getting my ebony black 2.0 tdi s line in about 10-12 weeks or maybe longer as it seems that nobody in the showroom could decide on a date most said 10-12 weeks but a few others were saying that theres a shortage of dsg boxes at the mo, one guy told me i could have to wait till jan 05 i could of cried.

I went through the same thing when ordering my Mk4 Golf in '99. I actually sent a survey around the office to vote for black or silver. But in the end I thought the silver looked best. Turns out every second Mk4 is silver - at one stage there was three of us in a row at the traffic lights.

Reckon my A3 will be black, probably, but the photos of the silver A3 with the votex body kit look great mind you... crazy.gif

Tough break with the DSG.

I was chatting to one of the guys in Dovercourt Audi in Battersea and he was saying summit similar about the DSG boxes, but reckoned it would be about 16 weeks max for one... Now if i could just decide whether to wait for the Quattro...

Other than the engine is there going to be any other differences? i dont think my insurance company would let me have a quattro, the tdi is fine group 11, cheap to run, if its a company car then the co2 is very low all in all a wise choice, plus its looks mint, i want more sline badges, but thats just me

They need to build thoses dsg boxes quicker

As far as I am aware, the 2.0 TDi Quattro will only be available with a manual box, and will not be available in the S Line guise.

If you are after more S Line badges, go to www.vagparts.com and order as many as you like. I have an S Line grill badge waiting at home to go on my TDi S Line due for delivery early July, though after that, am sticking with just the two badges on the sides!

Dont get me wrong i dont want the car covered in crappy badges, its an expensive good quality car, i just like the one on the rear of the s3

just taken a look at vagparts, i think ill prob get one for the grill and leave the back as well (looked at the a4 menu there was nothing on for the a3)

If it changes the Ins group then it'll be a no no for me too mate... I like group 11, My quote for a brand new 2.0 TDI Sline is the same as the renewal on my 97' 1.8 Sport?!?!I agree it looks mint, the perfect blend of sportiness and executive look...

Only 1 month left till I get my Audi A3 Sline 2.0..still looking for insurance...i'm 18..costing me like 4 grand..bloody insurance companies..and i've done pass plus!

anyway...any one have more pics of their new s lines..keep em coming! (more interior pics would be nice..tend to be lacking!)

Do you guys know if a first aid kit and triangle come with the car?And are there ne cup holders in the back?

The build week for mine was 23 (last week) and i spoke to my dealer late on today and he seems to think the car has been delivered to their compound today but cant confirm it til monday. If it has then im looking at picking it up next friday/saturday so basically your looking at another 2 weeks after your build week until you will get your motor!!