Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jason_s

Buying from select at discount prices

279 posts in this topic

Got an update from Select, my car is still Due October, so that means it should be here in the next two weeks or so....

This is getting worse, I REALLY want it now, now, now 571984-hyper.gif

post-10607-137914328933_thumb.gif

Think people have been picking their cars up from www.allbrandsnew.co.uk since aug-sept. A mate of mine got one, first reg keeper, only £250 deposit on a credit card, etc... Thinking, next new car, certainly will be looking at these chaps, or others.

i had one on order from allbrandsnew, but suddenly got nervous when I found out they are not cars from the German factory. Various reasons - firstly I couldn't get a straight answer about the full uk spec - some said it didn't come with an alarm.

Also technically insurance companies can claim it's no an EU import, because it comes from Malta.

anyway, I changed to Select, who were quicker and cheaper - and it's coming in november! (hopefully)

no reason to suspect there's anything wrong with them though - but I just felt a little more comfortable having a car form the German factory (and therefore comes with VW Assistance etc)

Well I just got a call from Select, my car is due on the 26th of October. Should take 1-2 weeks to get to UK, depending on "third parties" which I guess means the transport is picking up a few cars and they need to have all paid before the cars can get picked up. Its getting closer.... 169144-ok.gif

you're a few weeks ahead of me! mine is being delivered to the german dealer week of the 7th november (apparantly). should get it 1-2 weeks after that.

please keep me posted of any things that might be of interest to me about how select handle the whole process...

Will do chum, part of the fun round here is helping each other out. 169144-ok.gif

I heard allbrandnsnew cars come from holland, and Malta is an eu member!! Anyway mate says full uk spec... he's happy. 169144-ok.gif

ah - thought I might have got that wrong smile.gif

allbrandsnew wouldn't put into writing that it was full uk spec for me when I asked. there are lots of little things that could be different that wouldn't be obvious to the naked eye.

anyway, as I said - I'm sure they're fine, but with my 20k I wanted to be sure!

Not good, Select did put it in writing, in fact they confirmed the whole spec in writing to the last detail.

Scott how have you found getting insurance quotes for an import? Does it make much difference.

I don't see how it is any different from a UK dealer sourced car? it comes from the same factory.

my insurance company (admiral) didn't ask about that - and generally if they do ask, simply saying it's a parallel EU import should mean they won't charge any more.

sounds good. AndyW is it you that already has a GTI, and is going to swap to DSG?

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see how it is any different from a UK dealer sourced car?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not, it's just another way for them to 123576-assfeck.gif you!

Yes, although the gf is trying to convince me to keep the current one for her so we have one each smashfreakB.gif

Andy,

certainly didn't impact my MGF, its the same car after all so the replacement/repair costs are the same for a UK dealer car.

bump.

Have just ordered my DSG from select. Now I just need to sell my current one in time...

good man! well my car is now built, and will arrive at the German dealer next week some time. Then it's give them the money quick, and get the damn thing over here!

I'm a little ahead of you.....mine arrived on Wednesday, so Im waiting for the invoice so I can pay asap and then suffer the eternal wait of the last week or so.

Andy, you went for it, nice one. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting rid of the current one.

How long has it been from start to finish ordering from Select Mu71rd?

I just checked it was three months to the day from the point I received the order form from Shaun to the day the car arrived at the German dealer, add a week or two before its in London and so its 12-14 weeks in total. A lot less than the 6 months the dealer in Aberdeen quoted. 169144-ok.gif

Cheers Scott - still, not the 8-12 they're quoting though! NONO3.GIF

Contrags on your imminent arrival though 169144-ok.gif

Yeah, the Garage seemed to think it would come in September, but it was late October. Dunno if the fact it is a DSG had an impact on delivery.

i was quoted 10-12 weeks, which is up on 8th November - am pretty confident it'll be ready by then.

the VW dealer in Battersea quoted me 6-8 months, so you can imagine what I told him to do with that.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, although the gf is trying to convince me to keep the current one for her so we have one each

[/ QUOTE ]

....Tell her she has to keep BOTH of them up to Concours clean standard and you might consider it! smlove2.gif What's the betting that she'll then prefer to drive the DSG and you'll be back with the Manual!! jump.gif