Buying from select at discount prices

jason_s

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i had one on order from allbrandsnew, but suddenly got nervous when I found out they are not cars from the German factory. Various reasons - firstly I couldn't get a straight answer about the full uk spec - some said it didn't come with an alarm.

Also technically insurance companies can claim it's no an EU import, because it comes from Malta.

anyway, I changed to Select, who were quicker and cheaper - and it's coming in november! (hopefully)

no reason to suspect there's anything wrong with them though - but I just felt a little more comfortable having a car form the German factory (and therefore comes with VW Assistance etc)

Well I just got a call from Select, my car is due on the 26th of October. Should take 1-2 weeks to get to UK, depending on "third parties" which I guess means the transport is picking up a few cars and they need to have all paid before the cars can get picked up. Its getting closer.... 169144-ok.gif

you're a few weeks ahead of me! mine is being delivered to the german dealer week of the 7th november (apparantly). should get it 1-2 weeks after that.

please keep me posted of any things that might be of interest to me about how select handle the whole process...

ah - thought I might have got that wrong smile.gif

allbrandsnew wouldn't put into writing that it was full uk spec for me when I asked. there are lots of little things that could be different that wouldn't be obvious to the naked eye.

anyway, as I said - I'm sure they're fine, but with my 20k I wanted to be sure!

I don't see how it is any different from a UK dealer sourced car? it comes from the same factory.

my insurance company (admiral) didn't ask about that - and generally if they do ask, simply saying it's a parallel EU import should mean they won't charge any more.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little ahead of you.....mine arrived on Wednesday, so Im waiting for the invoice so I can pay asap and then suffer the eternal wait of the last week or so.

Andy, you went for it, nice one. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting rid of the current one.

I just checked it was three months to the day from the point I received the order form from Shaun to the day the car arrived at the German dealer, add a week or two before its in London and so its 12-14 weeks in total. A lot less than the 6 months the dealer in Aberdeen quoted. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, although the gf is trying to convince me to keep the current one for her so we have one each

[/ QUOTE ]

....Tell her she has to keep BOTH of them up to Concours clean standard and you might consider it! smlove2.gif What's the betting that she'll then prefer to drive the DSG and you'll be back with the Manual!! jump.gif