milltek H-flow sports cat and down pipe, quad exit

jason_s

hello guys,

got my exhausts fitted yesterday. i have gone for the non res system and am still in two minds wether to fit the resonator on at a lter date. will see how the exhaust beds in after 1,000 miles. also get alot of vibration inside the car when on motorway putting foot down to overtake, accompanied by a sort of fast rattling noise.

still love them though, the increase in responsivness of the throttle and the extra horsepower are really noticable... and i thought my grin couldnt get any wider.

here are some pics of the quads.

post-10545-137914327726_thumb.jpg

drove the awsome demo car without the highflow cat and downpipe but with the non res catback and quads with the apr remap they do and it sounded great and drove really smoothly and well. oh and bloody fast !!! smile.gif

loved there koni fsd shocks...a real must for me as i cant stand the way the car bounces when on motorway....

Those quads really do look particularly good with the Steel Grey - I'm not just saying this to be nice - They REALLY look ace!! It's up to you of course, but you may come to think that in real life the black 'plastic' sides look absolutely fine with the Abt rear. Photos tend to make you focus on different things.

I don't get any "vibration" or "sort of fast rattling noise" on mine. Anything to do with being Turbo-back? I would discuss this with Milltek.

Keep it coming....Am not "bored". 169144-ok.gif Robin

[ QUOTE ]

Looks nice....BUT I still like the arse end black to match the front and sides.....

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you made the Abt rear valance black you could only do so with a paint finish and you couldn't match the 'black' plastic sides and front. It wouldn't really match anything and you would then have 3 different finishes instead of 2. With quads you can only fit an Abt rear until someone else manufactures an alternative.

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers.......I asked my insurer about upgrades to my car and was told that if i changed anything that improved the performance they would have to cancel my insurance as they don't support modified cars what so ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Who you with ? Just tell them that its a replcaement exhaust with no recogniseable performance increase!!

My insurer aren't interested in power gains from the exhaust, they just see it as an aftermarket replacement.

They're only interested in chips, remaps and engine chaages that increase power, ie cams!

smile.gif169144-ok.gif

....That's what insurance companies do if given half a chance frown.gif . Mine were £40 extra on premium and I was originally also quoted £100 extra on excess but somehow I managed to dump their extra excess. I don't know if the individual I spoke to happening to have a Mk2 GTI had anything to do with it. He was very interested in hearing all about the Mk5 and I obliged as enthusiastically as usual!!

It's not "just for exhausts" but because of the increase in bhp power - That's the insurers' lame excuse anyway. +£40 for +10bhp and +£60 for +25bhp is at least pro rata. Annual mileage is another excuse to rape us.

[ QUOTE ]

I think that looks excellent. I'm sure they sound that way as well. I am seriously tempted now I've seen it in Grey . Must resist wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They do look particularly good on Steel Grey! On mine they look much better than they did when new and shiny on my Throbbin' Red now they have done 1,000 miles. I only clean their rims.

So, are you tempted to go for Resonated, Non-Res, Turbo-back or Catback? One foot is on the Slippery Slope and some of us are reaching out to give you a hand onto it!!

Don't worry Scott....there's plenty of room for you too on The Slippery Slope and all credit/debit cards are accepted.

Now, have I told you about how good the Pioneer Audio Visual SatNav Touch Screen Head Unit with Remote Control on the steering wheel is?....Oooops! Time for me to get outta here! (he said, ducking).

I decided on mine without hearing them but being used to the sound of a straight-six Beemer smile.gif and particularly with DSG I found standard a tad too quiet except when at high revs. For me the main consideration was as a driving aid and although a 4-pot will never sound like a straight-six or a V8 or even a V6, I still love my Millteks.

I'm not going to attempt a sound file to post because it could so easily be misleading.