Front tow-eye

Celts88

Does the GTi have a front towing-eye?

I can't see it behind the front grill, therefore not sure where it is (no, I'm not being pessimistic, just curious).

Took us ages to work out where the front towing-eye was on our Passat, with the Golf's meant to be in the same place, but not on the GTI????

[ QUOTE ]

Does the GTi have a front towing-eye?

I can't see it behind the front grill, therefore not sure where it is (no, I'm not being pessimistic, just curious).

Took us ages to work out where the front towing-eye was on our Passat, with the Golf's meant to be in the same place, but not on the GTI????

[/ QUOTE ]Zoomx3

Didn't notice any flap when I was looking (can't check as the GTi is in at the moment getting the chip/scratches touched-up).

Yep, mine is the '06 model with bee-sting ariel, black ashtray lid, etc..

The bee-sting ariel doesn't bother me to much, but would have prefered if they could have made it the stub-ariel like the one when you order sat-nav.

The tow hook is behind the right low panel beside the fog lamp. It's a removable hook, the hook itself is stored in the boot with the spare - you pop out the honeycomb grill and screw in the hook.

No haven't had to use it - its just that the car sits right outside my office about 5 feet from by desk looking straight at me.