5 replies to this topic

#1 Celts88

Celts88

Fiat 500

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:43 AM

Does the GTi have a front towing-eye?

I can't see it behind the front grill, therefore not sure where it is (no, I'm not being pessimistic, just curious).

Took us ages to work out where the front towing-eye was on our Passat, with the Golf's meant to be in the same place, but not on the GTI????
Black magic (Pearl), DSG, Sunroof, Interlagos seats, 17" tyres, 2006 model, Built August '05, delivered October '05

#2 zoomx3

zoomx3

Citroen C1 GT

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:33 AM

if im not mistaken, its on the front right (looking head on). you'll have to remove the plastic flap and screw on the tow eye. celts, does you gti have the bee sting antenna?
Black magic, DSG, Interlagos seats, 17 inch rubbers, RCD500 2005 model, Built SA July 05

#3 Celts88

Celts88

Fiat 500

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does the GTi have a front towing-eye?

I can't see it behind the front grill, therefore not sure where it is (no, I'm not being pessimistic, just curious).

Took us ages to work out where the front towing-eye was on our Passat, with the Golf's meant to be in the same place, but not on the GTI????

[/ QUOTE ]Zoomx3

Didn't notice any flap when I was looking (can't check as the GTi is in at the moment getting the chip/scratches touched-up).

Yep, mine is the '06 model with bee-sting ariel, black ashtray lid, etc..

The bee-sting ariel doesn't bother me to much, but would have prefered if they could have made it the stub-ariel like the one when you order sat-nav.
Black magic (Pearl), DSG, Sunroof, Interlagos seats, 17" tyres, 2006 model, Built August '05, delivered October '05

#4 OzGTI

OzGTI

Mini Cooper S

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:39 AM

The tow hook is behind the right low panel beside the fog lamp. It's a removable hook, the hook itself is stored in the boot with the spare - you pop out the honeycomb grill and screw in the hook.

No haven't had to use it - its just that the car sits right outside my office about 5 feet from by desk looking straight at me.
OzGTI Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Sunroof, 6 stack, Monza 18's, APR upgrade

#5 peugeot6

peugeot6

Fiat 500

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:53 AM

Hi mine is a April 2005, delivered July 2005. Does not have the bee sting ariel, mine integrated into the rear window I assume. What is a bee sting ariel? As our cars also come from South Africa, I assume this is a new upgrade.

Cheers
NZ GTI Tornado Red, DSG, 17" Interlagos, Sunroof 6 CD Stacker.

#6 RedRobin

RedRobin

Really quite racist...

• Members
  • 23,546 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:06 AM

Bee Sting Aerial = Long black with spiral wrap around and slightly springy but fairly stiff. Common to most current makes of cars. Easy to nick - Just screws on and off.

RED_Ring_tiny.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users