RedRobin

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yelrotflmao.gif

Talking of Quads, one of my current Macs is a liquid cooled G5 Dual processor 169144-ok.gif, but Apple have now brought out a G5 Quad processor! The 'dualy' is quite fast and powerful enough etc....The Quad Mac would be a licence loser! grin.gif

Because I test motor racing games I've got a high performance vid/graphics card which sounds like a turbo when she's cranked up! 169144-ok.gif. All I need is some little big wheels to put on the processor case.

I reckon now you have the modding bug you'll upgrade to the Mac Quad but I guess your 17"s would be too big to attach to the Mac.

OT - what's the best Motor racing game around these days? I've got Supercars 2 somewhere here but hardly play it.

What's "the best" is always a tricky question. Bear in mind that I only know the games/sims that work on the Mac platform and I much prefer realism (sims rather than games).

My favourite is Total Immersion Racing which has lots of the Le Mans GT and Prototype cars from the Abt Audi TT - Noble - BMW M3 - Lister - BMW V12 - Audi LM - Bentley 8 and others. Tracks are extremely accurate and include Monza, Silverstone, Sebring, Rockingham etc etc. All drivers have 'personalities' so that if you bully a driver he will manage to push you off track in your last lap while about to win a championship! And he may be in a different car and another class. The sounds (on a good system) are awesome.

Another good one, but also available on Windows, is NASCAR 2003 - Very accurate right down to being able to add/remove grill tape, tyre pressures, all suspension tweaks, wind force and direction, weather, oil on windscreen etc etc etc etc and designed by people actually involved in the real NASCAR championships. The rules are exact. Racing heavy stock cars around ovals is not as boring as it seems and there are some more interesting tracks. In fact the twisty ones are hell to keep the car on the track. Again the sounds are utterly awesome. You do need a powerful computer system to get the most out of most modern games. High frame rate is crucial.

Another one which is a game, is Ford Racing 2 (I was named "Tester of Honour" in that game's credits). Off-road is especially fun and there's everything from hot Ford Focus to GT40 to 1950s and modern Ford pickups etc. Loads and loads of eye candy and special effects.

You need a proper wheel (Logitech Momo with paddleshifts - good for practicing DSG!) and floor pedals.

I'm supposed to be pre-release testing Colin McRae 5 which has the Mk5 GTI but haven't heard from them yet frown.gif.

Hi Jono, Thanks for the reply.

I should have PM'd you really.

I've been in some discussions over the email with the spares dept at Giltrap. The 18" [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] in the pepper grinder style seem to be called 3 different things. Monza II, Denver and Detroit. Do you know what they are called in NZ or rather does the following description match what you have on your car?

Although what we can offer in both New Zealand and Australia is the Denver 18", a 2 tone grey metallic alloy which is exactly the same style just not completely silver 1K0601025AH16Z.

Thanks,

Ian

And the 17s are, I think, known as 'Denver'. Both excellent wheels and I've currently got both! As posted elsewhere, I'm soon doing a car control course and am going to swop my 18s with totally new rubber back to the 17s for the day cos they've got less tread.

Robin aka Little Big Wheels aka Many Wheels grin.gif169144-ok.gif

lol.gifyelrotflmao.giflol.gif

Brilliant LeMan!! Absolutely top notch!! When you're good, you're so fecking good! 169144-ok.gif. I bet that if the number plate had been more visible you would have Photoshopped that as well!

Btw, totally off topic but as another Mac user - I ordered latest version of Apple's Logic Pro plus a book plus iLife 06, all from Apple Store in Ireland....Order was placed yesterday afternoon (not morning)....All arrived by DHL at 8.30am this morning!! Don't ya just love Apple! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

you would have Photoshopped that as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not photoshopped mate. Pat bought the Van last year, modded it with 18" Monzas, Koni FS shocks and a Milltek non res high flow cat back system!

Apparently he took an Aston on the M1 last week. grin.gifbeerchug.gif

lol.gifyelrotflmao.gif

....And I bet he also fitted a cool aftermarket SatNav system so he could keep up with his post code info!

Talking of fast vans, how about this one?:

ShelbyCobraLM.jpg

AC Cobra nicknamed "The Bread Van" and similar to the one responsible for 180+mph while being tested on the M1 several decades ago and hence the introduction of the fecking 70 mph limit! Those were the days!

What a beautiful Work of Art notworthy.gif