New SEAT Leon Cupra Pricing confirmed

Glovepup

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really.. grin.gif

Best not give you a few quotes from EVO then....

"These are not just seats they are authentic racing bucket seats featuring a wraparound design with integral head restraints"

"turbo spins harder and faster at the top of the rev-range than any Golf GTI or Leon FR"

"the Cupra is blinding through the fast corners, the mass of the car feeling as though it has all been placed low down between the wheels. Grip is huge, yet easily trimmed on the limit"

Oh and you will like this one ..

"it doesn't arrive in the UK until March - about the same time you can hope to get your playstation 3. Maybe you could have it wrapped instide a giant Easter egg...."

Not I should do that but hey its fun. There are far more good bits than that. But hey it will be in the shops soon. coffee.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

5 stars in the review already with positive remarks such as no torque steer, impressive pull from 2,000rpm and virtually no body-roll through corners.

Love the wheels too!

car_photo_210404_5.jpg

I will be getting one for test drive when they are out. Anyone know when that's due?

[/ QUOTE ]

The wheels worry me - the centre and spokes are almost completely outside of the tyre. Great care needed when parking near high kerbs!

[ QUOTE ]

Really.. grin.gif

Best not give you a few quotes from EVO then....

"These are not just seats they are authentic racing bucket seats featuring a wraparound design with integral head restraints"

"turbo spins harder and faster at the top of the rev-range than any Golf GTI or Leon FR"

"the Cupra is blinding through the fast corners, the mass of the car feeling as though it has all been placed low down between the wheels. Grip is huge, yet easily trimmed on the limit"

Oh and you will like this one ..

"it doesn't arrive in the UK until March - about the same time you can hope to get your playstation 3. Maybe you could have it wrapped instide a giant Easter egg...."

Not I should do that but hey its fun. There are far more good bits than that. But hey it will be in the shops soon. coffee.gif169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

fekr.giffekr.giffekr.gif

That's it. I want one now.

It's getting a lot of praise, and I feel it looks nicer than a lot of cars out there at the moment.

Thought you might like those.

Yeah it does seem to be getting some decent reviews. A little more grown up that the last one but aren't all cars these days.

The kit levels, power (engine 200bhp in mine is good already) and in my eyes its a bloody good looking car. Interior isn't the best but I have to confess I haven't seen it first hand but even that has the kit to impress. Only one thing I would like and that parking sensors, high windows aren't the best to park with and I've got used to them on mine...

So when are you placing the order / having the test drive then. 169144-ok.gif

You're right, the interior could be better, but the one we have (the Sport-Up) is great. The plastics are fine (smooth to the touch, but a bit shiny). Seats very comfortable and steering wheel lovely to hold/use. It's no Audi however, so I will notice a difference.

We added parking sensors to ours for next to nothing, and it was worth it with the high windows as you said. The only problem I see in having/using a Leon is that sometimes the A pillar gets in the way but it's not a massive problem.

I think if I can decide on a colour, will likely aim for a March replacement - name going down with the dealer asap! 169144-ok.gif

I was told to expect them on as standard, but if not, it will be an option. It was only about £150 on our Leon.

I must be honest though, I've been driving the Leon solidly for two weeks, but tonight I got my Audi back, and I really loved getting it back. But the Leon is definitely quicker.

I will be seeing Mr Dealer very soon! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

jump.gif

Would that be to wrap up the PS3 for delivery sir. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah!! jump.gif

Just read a review of the PS3. They said it smacks the pants off a 360 and that it's a must-buy.

So that's two things to buy!

Back to the Cupra, they are saying that it's too expensive and WhatCar suggest you'll get around £1000 off the list price. I can't see that happening however.