[Audi A3/S3] Whats The Diff in 40k service vs 2nd Variable

Motormouth

My car has been serviced on variable servicing since new, its just come up to 32k miles and the service indicator says service. I had a quote for a 40k service from an indie at £286 but he said it would be second variable service but Im sure its had that, that came in at £321, whats the diff in service ?

My service book shows its first service at 16k miles (long -life), then it next 1 year later at 22kmiles, both have long life ticked, do I need another variable service or will the 40k one do, I want all the filters, sparks plugs, oil etc changed.

cheers

beerchug.gif

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

whats the diff in service ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the ‘diff’ service you are referring to is the haldex oil/filter change (the Quattro). This needs doing every 40k although there has been some debate on here recently with some people being told it needs doing every 20k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant "difference " not diff as in Quattro/ haldex.

Thats how i read it anyway. coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

whats the diff in service ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the ‘diff’ service you are referring to is the haldex oil/filter change (the Quattro). This needs doing every 40k although there has been some debate on here recently with some people being told it needs doing every 20k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant "difference " not diff as in Quattro/ haldex.

Thats how i read it anyway. coffee.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes sorry I meant difference between a 40k service and the 2nd variable service crazy.gif169144-ok.gif