VW aftermarket sat-nav unit with DVD, BT, DTV. iPod etc.

AvantSE

I have changed my plans for my Passat, having recently (within the last week) bought the following unit. It is absolutely brilliant and great value, the only thing I don't like is that the Bluetooth quality is nowhere near that of my factory-fitted hard-wired hands free kit (it works fine but, like a lot of Bluetooth kits, sounds a bit faint by comparison).

This is just me being pernickity, but I use my hands-free kit for hours every day and would rather have that working 100% as I want it.

Therefore, if the buyer collects from York, I will let this go for £549 (paid £649 a few days ago) and even include a double antenna adaptor (£29).

It is totally unmarked, and fully working - comes with box, wiring, instructions etc.

The ebay link for the unit is Page Not Responding

And I have listed it for sale on eBay at Page Not Responding

Just as well the ebay links didn't work - I've decided to keep it. Lots of info on these units (Waywell 6050 etc.) on GolfMkV.com - Volkswagen Golf, GTI, and Rabbit Forums if anyone is interested in buying one. The seller I bought it from was ebay user store_for_life.

I got round the dodgy microphone by desoldering the built-in one (only a few mm in diameter and set on the left-hand side of the unit, away from the driver in right-hand drive cars) and soldering in a lead, which I then connected to an old Nokia microphone I had kicking about from a CARK-91 kit. Works a treat now.

Just need to get the twin FAKRA adaptor and radio reception should be improved.

Edited by AvantSE
Add in the model number.