MMI random behaviour

A6geek

My 2006 A6 TDI has been working fine until one week ago when problems started with the MMI: bluetooth phone wont connect, radio turns off every 4 secs or so, CD wont play, climate control doesnt display on screen, Satnav will display map but none of the controls work and no route will load. I have recently upgraded the MMI to 5570 but this was working fine for about a month. The Nav button was a bit sticky but has freed up (no, I havent spilled any liquid over the buttons).

Any help much appreciated ... this is driving me nuts as I commute 100 miles each day round the M4/M25/M1 and having no traffic data or radio or phone is driving me nuts!

The MMi Interface lives above the Glove box, its silver, and about 5 inches by 3.

If you have VAG-COM then you could always see if its got any fault codes and clearing them to see if it helps.

Where do you live A6geek?

Thanks ... where does this box hide in the car and how do I identify it. Any chance of diagnosing it before buying new do you think?

OK, so I found the existing unit above the glove box and even managed to nearly get the glovebox back so there's no rattle.

Checked out ebay.de and found

Audi A6 4F MMI Navi Interfacebox Interface 4F0910732B and

Audi A6 4F MMI Navi Interfacebox Interface 4F0910729B look like the same part but with different numbers ... am i going to have to remove mine to identify what is correct for my car?

CockneyBoy, would like to take you up on your offer of the diag visit and tried to PM you at your profile, let me know if you didnt pick that up or I have missed the point.

PM Sent

And your in the right area for the parts below, but looking on EKTA there are so many rev's it would be worth seeing what unit you have. This can be identified with VAG-COM when you come round.

OK, so I found the existing unit above the glove box and even managed to nearly get the glovebox back so there's no rattle.

Checked out ebay.de and found

Audi A6 4F MMI Navi Interfacebox Interface 4F0910732B and

Audi A6 4F MMI Navi Interfacebox Interface 4F0910729B look like the same part but with different numbers ... am i going to have to remove mine to identify what is correct for my car?

CockneyBoy, would like to take you up on your offer of the diag visit and tried to PM you at your profile, let me know if you didnt pick that up or I have missed the point.

Edited by Cockney Boy