Alpina B7 2005 Todays Value

shadow8

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get an idea as to the value of a 2005 Alpina B7 with 80,000 and in pretty good condition with a full BMW service history. Good bodywork. No brown stuff. No accident damage. Reasonable interior consistent with age. No known faults.

What would you think you would expect to pay for such a car if purchased privately?

What if bought off the forecourt from a BMW dealer?

Your help and ideas will be critical in deciding how I go so please be honest and realistic as that will be a huge guide for me.

Thank you all for your assistance and more importantly your experience.

shadow8

Edited by shadow8

Thank you Garcon for swooning over the car! I'll assume you are the one who got ass raped if it suddenly gets taken off the market!!

Still doesn't help me unless some figures are thrown out though! I'm trying to work out a fair price.

Equivalent immaculate FBMWSH 750i or 745i with all the toys is achievable with at least 30K less mileage for at least 10K lower price than this B7 is being offered at. I'm pretty sure the Alpina label is not worth that much on a car with 80,000 miles on the clock! No matter how exclusive or how pretty. There is a realistic expectation of considerable expense on the near horizon. No warranty unless I pay BMW thousands which of course raises the base cost of the vehicle even more. Once it reaches 100,000 miles (very soon) nobody will touch it warranty wise with a 10' barge pole so you are on your own then and if a major component such as the gearbox packs up one is talking mega to repair or replace!!

All that has to be taken into consideration and my gut instinct is to put a maximum 22K price tag on it. That is what it would be worth to me and I think I'm being overly fair even at that figure!

I pretty much doubt the vendor would drop 6K so imagine it's a non-starter anyway but I would still appreciate your ideas on price if you have been down a similar path to the one I'm on at present!

Do you agree with my reasoning?

What else should I be taking into consideration on arriving at fair price?

At the end of the day is an Alpina B7 worth all the extra hassle, worry, cost etc.?

Look forward to hearing your views.

Tony.

Thank you Garcon for swooning over the car! I'll assume you are the one who got ass raped if it suddenly gets taken off the market!!

:roflmao:

Thought you were selling not buying!

Agree with your reasoning. The difficulty is getting a sensible figure - I see you trod a similar path as me to find 750i prices. In my experience the Alpina badge commands very little premium over the equivalent BMW model, and due to this and its cost as a new car suffers frightening depreciation - especially beyond warranty and into higher mileages.

It's the kind of car that doesn't have a notional value in the trade - it's simply worth what an individual trader is willing to sink into it ... most likely a chunk less than twenty grand.

I'm a big fan of the Alpina marque, and I think you need to be a fan to invest in one. With this car I think you also need to be prepared to keep it long term (i.e. at least 5 years), or accept losing another big chunk off its value when trading it on.

My instinct is it would need to be much lower mileage to fetch anything close to the asking price. Drop to £23k and it might start to make sense, but only with a water-tight unlimited mileage 12 month warranty thrown in.

To be honest, if you're not particularly attached to the Alpina model, I'd be looking at a similar age/mileage 750/760i for 15-16 grand.

Garcon

the brutal truth is always hard to stomach but at the end of the day one must be ruled by the head and not the heart when it comes to high milers. No matter whether Alpina or not!!

There is no warranty nor allowance on price to purchase a 12 month cover which I'm guessing would be in the 2 - 3K region through BMW.

10K difference on a 750i is a lot of money which buys a lot more confidence in the repairs market.

Anyone else like to weigh in with an opinion..........you're very welcome!

Tony