Spare wheel & tyre

pncarrerars

[ QUOTE ]

£69.33! I picked it up but I am sure they would deliver.

A lot for a skinny tyre but at least I can now fix a flat, chances with a tub of goo in rain at night on hard shoulder=0.

[/ QUOTE ] How much did VW charge for the wheel & did they supply direct or via yr dealer ? - must admit messing about trying to use the sealant on a wet night in January doesn't appeal also !

[ QUOTE ]

£93.83 through dealer. Total £163 seem a lot but only slightly more than people are paying in the US. I shall probably never use it but it does help hold up the boot floor when Charley (Golden retriever)is sitting in the back.

[/ QUOTE ] You've allowed the retriever in the R32 !! I've put a ban on our labrador going in the R32 (she has to make do in the collapsible cage in the back of the Volvo - inclined to chew whatevers in sight !!)- how does wheel sit ?

Have a look on e-bay...?

I went thro' the saga of a wheel from VW [£101]..no tyre..on back order from Conti in Germany...!

Wheel back to VW for refund [£90 !..10% handling confused.gif]

Got one [new with tyre] from a scrap yard / farm near Eavesham for £25 [yes 25] grin.gif......he had 2 or 3 more of the same [ex Bora 4-mo]..

said he was going to put them on e-bay again, worth putting a 'tab' on e-bay for space savers.. 169144-ok.gif

So far retriever has behaved very well (esp as only 7 months old but full size) except for trying to catch rear wiper blade when cleaning rear screen!

Wheel fits flush with floor & fastens with big plastic screw thing that used to hold original tool kit.

I looked on e-bay a few times without success.

The Audi TT space saver is the same as the 4motion. I got mine from a scrap dealer £82 for the wheel/tyre, full set of tools and the foam insert delivered to my door.

The space saver will only fit on the rear as the front brakes are so big, so if you get a flat on the front you will have to swap the wheels around but that is still better than using tyre-weld which is only good for sealing very small holes.