Tope Gear Review - Cayman

Wallachie

CAR have driven it and EVO have a pretty good write up of it too this month.... what gets me is the fact that a lot of the press have gone on about the fact it looks like a scaled down 911 or a Boxster with a roof etc....I'm not sure quite what they expect I mean is a 5 series a big 3 series, a Signum a big Astra, do Astons all look the same...its aesthetic family genes! The worst offender is Clarkson, who on TG went on about how Porsche have the laziest design studio etc etc...but what does he waste £128,000 (on only to give back)?!! A Ford GT the biggest and most obvious design rip off going! hypocritcal tw*t. (He also waxed lyrical about an E-type that had been modernised...same thing using design seen before re-released for todays consumer)

My position? Good design is good design regardless, re-release what you want as long as its stronger, more efficient and safer, bring back the DS I say! and don't criticise design that blatantly isn't a smaller version of something else....

• 3 months later...

There's a re-run of Top Gear on UKTVPeople @ 4pm & +1 at 5pm today where the new Boxster & SLK AMG are put head to head. Clarkson agains say the only reason why people buy a boxster is because they can't afford a 911.

You could say that about any car, you bought a Carrera S because you couldn't afford a Turbo. You bought a 430 because you couldn't afford an enzo etc etc.

Maybe, some people maybe just don't want to spend £70k on a car?

Even single peice of press I have read on the Cayman has had nothing but good things to say about it. Expect demand to go up, residuals to be great too. I thought demand was low but apparently the waiting lists are now stretching late into 2006 and into 2007. My OPC gave me a lead time of 14 months!!

• 1 year later...

[ QUOTE ]

If you do want to get a brand new Porsche faster - then there is only one place to go - Mayfair Porsche.

They are affiliated direct with Porsche UK - they are turning around my factory order in less then 3 months!

Tone

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair I think demand has dropped somewhat and the delivery time for most Porsches is down to 12 weeks or so........

sidicks