Lost credit card through gap above ashtray lid

tribs

01 VW Golf GT TDI PD

Hi folks,

I finally realised last night how some objects placed above the ashtray lid on the central console seem to disappear (very flat objects such as passport photo's and credit cards). There is a small gap just wide enough for things to slip through when you brake. Any idea of the easiest way to retrieve these objects?

Thanks In Advance,

What you have to do is key in the pin code of the head unit (if it's a six cd unit, add the prefix 6cd) into the aircon unit. Adjust the clock via the push buttons in the pod display to read your chosen amount of cash, and your cash will be dispensed into the glove box. Then your card will be returned back out of the slot, while the computer readout digital display will politely tell you to "Have a nice day!"

If you don't want any "cashback" simply press the "Cancel whole request" button which is cunningly disguised as the cigarette lighter. If yours hasn't got the actual lighter bit which pushes in, basically you're fooked. grin.gif

Seriously, I don't know. But I've often found bits of paper just in the process of heading off down there, so if you find a way, post it up here, cos there's bound to be something down there on ours.

Nice one, i started reading this very seriously grin.gif

soon spotted the joke 169144-ok.gif I have 2 VAT receipts in mine that i need for the end of this month, if no one else has posted how, i will post it up!!! Hopefully easier than changing a headlight on a 2001 Passat, you have to take all the lower front of the car off!!

I just pulled at the trim on the side of the console, shoved my hand in the gap, and (very carefully) was able to reach the plastic car park exit card that had slipped through the gap, cunningly as I braked for the car park exit...

No tools required cool.gif

Cheers

Ben