car at stealers again today

martininwillerby

booked my GTI in at the stealers for today so they can have a go at fixing the +/off paddle (won't revert back to auto when held for 2 sec's..Having to wait for the time out).

Also last week whilst cleaning the car noticed the two nearside sill protectors are different to the drivers side.Stealer has confirmed that they all should be the same and has ordered a new set with stainless steel inserts...

Silly things like this really let what is a very good car down........

The car in genral,done 1340 miles so far(made a note of that to check how many miles the stealers do in it) and it's just seems to get better and better....been using a mix of 95/98 ron fuel and i don't seem to notice that much of a difference between the two.As for oil, checked it the other day and it's 3mm off the top mark...I'm pleased with the sound system,after reading reports on here about how crap the sound is and for the fact that my other car had a 1000watt sound system incl 13 spk's and a 400watt sub in the boot.....

on reflction there's just a couple of things i would change if i was ordering again.knowing what i know now.I would drop the MFSW with paddles,cos you get paddles for free now and the only thing i do with the steering wheel apart from turn it is the volume control.criuse control i can live without.

drop the centre arm rest(you'll see later)

stick with the leather,but be brave and go for the cream/tan colour(as everyone seems to opt for grey).

stick with the 18" monza II wheels(these make the car)

But add sat nav.....DVD base version,which incl 6 disc changer,centre armrest and highline comp....

As for colour,Yes I do like the the silver in a 5 door,but i'll stick with Pearl black....Yes i know it's a pain to keep clean,but once cleaned BY HELL SHE LOOKS FAB.....

cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

post-4212-137914321944_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

yeh it is. All 06 cars are DVD nav... that's come from 2 different stealers (one who said he had a DVD disc on his desk ready to go into a GTI)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean cars produced in 2006? My GTI is a 2006 model and it most certainly has CD Satnav not DVD

I managed to get a discount from my stealer by quoting an internet price I had seen at www.autoebid.com. I have just had a look at this site again cos I'm thinking of going for the sat nav (and quoting the cost for this option to my stealer)and they state in there options list for the cd AND dvd versions of the sat nav (about £200 quid diff).